The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

UCL or Imperial for biochemistry?

I've recently received offers for a BSc in biochemistry from both unis. Imperial A*AA, and UCL AAA.
I didn't expect to have to choose and would appreciate some first-person opinions.

I've heard that UCL is more social and Imperial is more intense study-wise. Is there a significant difference between the two?
If someone who has studied biochemistry, or a similar course, in either of the universities could give me some insight, that would be great!
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently received offers for a BSc in biochemistry from both unis. Imperial A*AA, and UCL AAA.
I didn't expect to have to choose and would appreciate some first-person opinions.

I've heard that UCL is more social and Imperial is more intense study-wise. Is there a significant difference between the two?
If someone who has studied biochemistry, or a similar course, in either of the universities could give me some insight, that would be great!

have heard from someone who graduated only a year ago that their experience at Imperial studying Biochemistry was very good indeed.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
If you don't really have your heart set on any of the two universities, probably a safer choice to choose Imperial. If you don't like it there you can always transfer to UCL (and that direction is probably a bit easier than the other way around) the following year.
Original post by Anonymous

It depends on you but if you want a more balanced academic experience, go for UCL.
Reply 4
Go to Imperial, Biochem is apparently very chill and Imperial is way more prestigious.
Plus you can this notion of Imperial being unsocial is ridiculous, it depends on you and what you want to do. You can be as social as unsocial as you want to be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending