The Student Room Group

GCSE maths

Can I do A level Biology with a 5 in GCSEs maths. Is anyone currently doing A level biology with a 5 in GCSE maths?
Original post by suzy23
Can I do A level Biology with a 5 in GCSEs maths. Is anyone currently doing A level biology with a 5 in GCSE maths?

Hi, I don't have a 5 in Maths but A level Biology does not require much math, and its pretty simple calculations. So I wouldn't be worried if I were you.
Reply 2
It depends on the sixthform or college you go to, for mine we are required to have at least a 6 in maths but as the person above said A level biology doesn’t actually require much maths skills just a basic understanding of it and when you do learn something particularly maths-y like standard deviation they will teach you how to do it so you will be fine trust me as long as the school you would like to go to is okay with it, however looking further into the future, some universities do look at gcse maths grades and would like 7s/8s but again this is only a select few so you should be okay just make sure to check where you’re applying
good luck!
Original post by Allera
Hi, I don't have a 5 in Maths but A level Biology does not require much math, and its pretty simple calculations. So I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

Did you take A level biology and if you don’t mind me asking what did you get?
Original post by suzy23
Did you take A level biology and if you don’t mind me asking what did you get?

I'm taking it currently, but for my AS level I got an A.
Original post by Obsidian♡Hart
I'm taking it currently, but for my AS level I got an A.

Can you take A level biology and chemistry with a 5 in GCSE maths
Well there is more math in chemistry, but its not that difficult or complex.
Original post by suzy23

Heya!
It depends on the entry requirement of your college but overall biology alvl doesn't involve too much maths :h: Maths is about practice, if it helps, Study Mind has free past paper resources you can use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest