The Student Room Group

are you happy in your full time job (those who have graduated)

I have a degree but I dont want to work a full time job, I have tried it out (not in my field) but I don't enjoy working long hours, barely getting holidays etc.
do you actually enjoy your full time job
What do you mean you don't want to work a full time job? What's the alternative that gets you a lot of non-working time that keeps you financially stable and independent?

I have been in my first full time job for 6 months and really like it. I graduated with a first class degree in biomed and now work for a pharma consultancy. Job hunting was stressful and demoralising because of the lack of replies and uncertainty about the future, but now that I've passed probation I am happy and have some security.
I will admit I'm lucky with the benefits that have come with this job (decent starting salary for the location, good bonus schemes and very generous annual leave), and I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. I started this job prepared to grind through it whether I enjoyed it or not just to start my career and I've been really fortunate with how it's turned out.

So to answer your question, yes I enjoy my job both from a day to day aspect and the life its given me. I couldn't wait to become independent, stop relying on my lovely family, and start contributing to society. I never considered self employment, which I assume is what you're considering?
Original post by nousernameplease
What do you mean you don't want to work a full time job? What's the alternative that gets you a lot of non-working time that keeps you financially stable and independent?

I have been in my first full time job for 6 months and really like it. I graduated with a first class degree in biomed and now work for a pharma consultancy. Job hunting was stressful and demoralising because of the lack of replies and uncertainty about the future, but now that I've passed probation I am happy and have some security.
I will admit I'm lucky with the benefits that have come with this job (decent starting salary for the location, good bonus schemes and very generous annual leave), and I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. I started this job prepared to grind through it whether I enjoyed it or not just to start my career and I've been really fortunate with how it's turned out.

So to answer your question, yes I enjoy my job both from a day to day aspect and the life its given me. I couldn't wait to become independent, stop relying on my lovely family, and start contributing to society. I never considered self employment, which I assume is what you're considering?

whats your job role if you dont mind and yes I mean self employment
Original post by jumbojim56877
whats your job role if you dont mind and yes I mean self employment

I'll be broad and say it's in marketing, but I do a lot of writing and editing too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending