The Student Room Group

Vet work experience reference

I’m currently volunteering at a wildlife rescue, but they refused to write a reference letter for proof of work experience. Would I still be able to write this on work experience forms? Is RVC/Edinburgh strict with this? I have references for all other placements just not the wildlife rescue :frown:
I think the unis that ask for references are quite strict, but if you have enough of other placements with references to cover their min requirements it should be fine. I would approach the provider again however and explain that it’s not a reference in terms of “this person is amazing” etc but just proof with dates - perhaps write them a set of short questions (e.g. dates, hours, etc) as a guide? Or even a template where they just basically have to sign it.
Reply 2
I got them to send an email saying that I did 25 hrs of volunteering at the rescue. Will that be enough?
Original post by cindy4848
I got them to send an email saying that I did 25 hrs of volunteering at the rescue. Will that be enough?

It's better than nothing, but some unis are very strict in the format they want the references, particularly Surrey as I've heard people making slight errors in references and them not accepting it and pulling out on offers etc. I'm not sure how strict the others are but I'd be cautious, ideally I'd follow Surrey's guide even if you aren't applying to them as it should tick all the boxes for the others. As I said though, as long as you have your minimum hours referenced elsewhere it shouldn't matter so much as you'll be considered as long as you meet the minimums. If in doubt you could always email the unis explaining the situation and asking for guidance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending