The Student Room Group

Grade 4 marks required

How many marks do you need in each paper for GCSE maths higher paper for a grade 4
Reply 1
May I enquire as to which exam board, e.g. Edexcel or AQA? It will range between.

Note that grade boundaries vary slightly year by year, but by going to the page ([exam board] grade boundaries [year]), you can find the grade boundary, and then from the exam boards website you can see the percentage of marks a paper gives you out of the entire thing, and you can multiply that percentage by the marks needed for grade 4 to find the marks needed for each paper.

I hope that makes sense, if you want to send along the exam board we can get you an average mark if you want, or you can check it out yourself. Hope that helps! Best of luck with your exams :smile:
Original post by {Moss}
May I enquire as to which exam board, e.g. Edexcel or AQA? It will range between.

Note that grade boundaries vary slightly year by year, but by going to the page ([exam board] grade boundaries [year]), you can find the grade boundary, and then from the exam boards website you can see the percentage of marks a paper gives you out of the entire thing, and you can multiply that percentage by the marks needed for grade 4 to find the marks needed for each paper.

I hope that makes sense, if you want to send along the exam board we can get you an average mark if you want, or you can check it out yourself. Hope that helps! Best of luck with your exams :smile:

The exam board is Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest