The Student Room Group

Advice for Year 10 mocks revision

Hi
Do you guys have any advice for my Year 10 mocks coming in a few days, and how to revise for the next year's exams, like Year 11 mocks and the real exam.
I want to improve in these aspects and personally aiming for those high grades.
Original post by Sai Sarvesh
Hi
Do you guys have any advice for my Year 10 mocks coming in a few days, and how to revise for the next year's exams, like Year 11 mocks and the real exam.

I would try not to worry about the exams too much, especially as they are your Year 10 mocks. It will be good practise for Year 11 mocks and your actual GCSEs. Just try your best :smile:

In terms of revision, you want to make sure you make revision resources as you go along, this way it means when it comes to actually revising come your mocks and GCSEs next year you already have the materials you need and you don't need to spend hours making them, before you can actually use them.
Start early and stay organised. It depends on what kind of learner you are but I used cards, active recall, mindmaps and yt videos (freesciencelessons). Ofc do past papers as well and study the mark scheme so you know what examiners want. I did all of this and got pretty good grades - just see what works for you
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would try not to worry about the exams too much, especially as they are your Year 10 mocks. It will be good practise for Year 11 mocks and your actual GCSEs. Just try your best :smile:

In terms of revision, you want to make sure you make revision resources as you go along, this way it means when it comes to actually revising come your mocks and GCSEs next year you already have the materials you need and you don't need to spend hours making them, before you can actually use them.

Original post by mimi1111
Start early and stay organised. It depends on what kind of learner you are but I used cards, active recall, mindmaps and yt videos (freesciencelessons). Ofc do past papers as well and study the mark scheme so you know what examiners want. I did all of this and got pretty good grades - just see what works for you

Thanks so much for your replies, my exams are on Monday and so I'm doing my past papers in order to make myself better.

From my next mocks, do you guys any idea about when to start my revision?
For these exams, I started 1 week late and wasted a further 1 week due to health issues...
Thanks so much for your replies, my exams are on Monday and so I'm doing my past papers in order to make myself better.

From my next mocks, do you guys any idea about when to start my revision?
For these exams, I started 1 week late and wasted a further 1 week due to health issues...

Make revision materials regularly for each subject and then use them for subject topic test so then you get as much practise as possible. Maybe start more intense revision a month or two before mocks, and then two or three months before your actual GCSE exams
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Make revision materials regularly for each subject and then use them for subject topic test so then you get as much practise as possible. Maybe start more intense revision a month or two before mocks, and then two or three months before your actual GCSE exams

Oh cool, I started a few days before the Easter holidays and didn't manage to go well, but good a minimum of grade 6 hopefully across most subjects
Hi

Heya!
Try not to worry too much and do practice questions + use flashcards if you want/ if it helps :h: Study Mind has free resources you can use!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest