The Student Room Group

How do I get better at eng lit? Any revision tips?

I constantly have grades C-B+ but I really want an A. I study AQA B eng lit:

A) Wuthering Heights
B) Cat on a hot tin roof
C) Oranges are not the only fruit
D) Othello
E) Love through the ages anthology

I've kinda been good at English without needing too much work but recently I have been struggeling to catch up to get an A. Any advice would be greatly appriciated, thanks!!
Original post by rowan_willow
I constantly have grades C-B+ but I really want an A. I study AQA B eng lit:

A) Wuthering Heights
B) Cat on a hot tin roof
C) Oranges are not the only fruit
D) Othello
E) Love through the ages anthology

I've kinda been good at English without needing too much work but recently I have been struggeling to catch up to get an A. Any advice would be greatly appriciated, thanks!!

Here are some tips that may help you improve your grades in English Literature:

Start by reading the texts carefully and annotating them. This will help you to identify the key themes, characters, and plot points.
Once you have a good understanding of the texts, start writing essays and answering questions about them. This will help you to develop your critical thinking and analytical skills.
Make sure to use evidence from the texts to support your arguments. This will show the examiner that you have a deep understanding of the texts.
Practice writing essays and answering questions under timed conditions. This will help you to manage your time effectively and produce high-quality work.
Get feedback on your work from your teacher, a tutor, or a friend. This will help you to identify areas where you can improve.
Don't be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling. There are many resources available to help you succeed, such as online tutorials, revision guides, and past papers.
It is also important to remember that everyone learns differently, so find a method of studying that works best for you. Some people prefer to study alone, while others prefer to study in groups. Some people prefer to read the texts multiple times, while others prefer to watch films or TV shows based on the texts. Experiment with different methods of studying until you find one that helps you to learn the material effectively.

With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goal of getting an A in English Literature

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending