The Student Room Group

Undergraduate Diagnostic Radiography at Uni Of Leicester

I was looking up diagnostic radiography courses and came across the one at Leicester. However, apparently, they dont have HCPC recognition yet and are still waiting on this as they are a new course. So I was just wondering if anyone would recommend Leicester still, or if it's too risky, and what other uni's to check out.
Original post by LadyBoss2711
I was looking up diagnostic radiography courses and came across the one at Leicester. However, apparently, they dont have HCPC recognition yet and are still waiting on this as they are a new course. So I was just wondering if anyone would recommend Leicester still, or if it's too risky, and what other uni's to check out.

Have they said when they expect approval? There are lots of other unis offering the course and it doesn't matter where you study it as the NHS don't care as long as it is HCPC approved. If you prefer the Midlands area, there's De Montfort, Coventry, Birmingham City, etc. There is a full list of approved courses here:

https://www.hcpc-uk.org/education/approved-programmes/approved-programmes-results/?Professions=270450014&ProviderQueryString=&IntakeModes=Open&Page=2&PageSize=50
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Have they said when they expect approval? There are lots of other unis offering the course and it doesn't matter where you study it as the NHS don't care as long as it is HCPC approved. If you prefer the Midlands area, there's De Montfort, Coventry, Birmingham City, etc. There is a full list of approved courses here:

https://www.hcpc-uk.org/education/approved-programmes/approved-programmes-results/?Professions=270450014&ProviderQueryString=&IntakeModes=Open&Page=2&PageSize=50

Thanks for replying,
I did email one of the lecturers there and they told me that since this is the first year they are running the course, they should get the HCPC approval before the start of the course in September, so it shouldn't affect the students. I will also take a look at the other courses on the link provided.
Original post by LadyBoss2711
Thanks for replying,
I did email one of the lecturers there and they told me that since this is the first year they are running the course, they should get the HCPC approval before the start of the course in September, so it shouldn't affect the students. I will also take a look at the other courses on the link provided.

If you go to an open day, ask about the location of the placements as I would expect that De Montfort has already secured all the local placements. With the exception of London, it's unusual for two unis in the same city to be running the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending