The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
I think you should. They do let people in who miss the offer, so they should consider you. With a good personal statement and a good reference you should have a good shot =)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks! :smile:
I think I will as I only have one uni which I really want to go and it would probably be my second choice if I don't get my first.
Just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a wasted choice! :o:
Like Goose said, I think you have a chance with a good PS and reference.
Reply 4
Summer_Lovin
Basically I am on a gap year so have already got my A Levels. I got BBB but one of the unis i want to apply to requires ABB.
Is it worth applying incase of clearing? Or should I stick to unis which are BBB or below?
It's Lancaster uni and Marketing degree if that makes a difference.
On the face of it, this is not a good idea. I would ring them and see what they say, frankly. Although Lancaster has been flexible about grades for people who miss their offers (but not for all courses, by any means, particularly in their Business School which is presumably the host department for this course) that is not the same as applying with BBB for a course that states ABB as the standard requirement. If you have something particular to offer beyond the grades that might make you an attractive candidate otherwise, fair enough, but otherwise this would be a very high risk choice.
The Management School is really well respected and the university has a lot going for it, so if you'd like to study here you might as well try. You get 5 choices after all so if you have suitable work experience and ensure that you apply to some universities for which you've achieved the requirements, you shouldn't have anything to lose. :smile:

As has been suggested, you could ring the admissions tutor to ask though if that would make you feel more confident regarding your application.

:smile:
Reply 6
definately apply, just make sure your PS is spot on!
Reply 7
Go for it. They wanted BBC off me and let me in with BBD no problems. Give them a ring and see if they'd let you in I guess.
Reply 8
Well I have been working hard on my personal statement so hopefully it should be good enough. Plus I am working full time in an office for my gap year which could be relevant experience.
There is only two unis I want to go to, the others I am not too bothered about and are just back ups.
Thanks everyone for your advice!
Reply 9
If theres only 2 you really want thenyou should put Lancaster down, if you think you want to go there. It's not like it's THAT much a long shot. I'd try it. Let us know what happens
Reply 10
I think you should :smile: Get a good personal statement etc, i were predicted BCD for a BBC course and got an offer. Good luck!
Reply 11
I was predicted BBBC for an AAB course.. had an interview but got in :smile:
Reply 12
Considering your work experience I think lancaster would be very happy to have you. I am a first year doing marketing at the moment and the introductory course is very straightforward but enjoyable.
I know this thread is quite old now but just to let everyone know I got an unconditional!
Well chuffed! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Nice one, congrats.
Reply 15
excellent well done!
well done =)
sweet =]
ive applied and got an offer for marketing management
open day on weds

Latest

Trending

Trending