The Student Room Group

What to Fill Out "Personal Income" As?

I want to apply for my first credit card soon, however I'm not quite sure what I should fill out as my annual income. I'm self-employed, running my own company. Most of the money the company makes, I keep in the company account for reinvestment, but I can technically take out as much as I like if there any additional expenses I need to cover personally.

Right now, I only take out £100 a month as my salary, as I don't really need much else as I have no expenses. However, I may increase that in the future, and I could certainly increase that further for this month's payroll if it will increase my chances of getting a credit card. Beyond that, I also get £3300 a year in student maintenance loans, and from time to time I do transfer over to my personal account some trading money I've earned from my Trading 212 account. With all these variables, I have no idea what I can even put my personal income as, both to give me as high of a chance as being accepted, well still giving them an estimate that is somewhat truthful/can be proved. Keep in mind that I also don't pay anything in rent or mortgage, so I hope me putting a nice 0 in that section, alongside having pretty much no other personal expenses, may increase my chances even if my core income is relatively low.
Reply 1
To ask the obvious, why get a credit card if you have no expenses?

Sounds like £4,500 to me.

Trading is more a capital gain rather than income, any dividends would be income though.
Reply 2
Original post by Quady
To ask the obvious, why get a credit card if you have no expenses?

Sounds like £4,500 to me.

Trading is more a capital gain rather than income, any dividends would be income though.

To get cashback on any stuff I was gonna buy already.
Reply 3
Original post by gh158

To me it seem like more effort than a quid a month is worth. But yeah fair enough.
Original post by gh158

You can get 1% cashback on your spending for a year with a Chase current account:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#cashback
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
You can get 1% cashback on your spending for a year with a Chase current account:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/#cashback

Aye, £12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending