The Student Room Group

Dreading handing in my notice

I've been working at a company for 2 years now and I've decided I'm leaving to take a worse paying but hopefully more enjoyable job. I am certain I want to leave but all the people I work with are nice people, even if I'm not particularly great friends with any of them.

I need to hand my notice in ASAP in so I can start my new job in time but I can't bring myself to hand it in. Whether through awkardness, guilt or anything else. I work mostly remotely aswell so not sure on the best way to hand it in.

Any thoughts much appreciated!
Original post by BenHigham2000
I've been working at a company for 2 years now and I've decided I'm leaving to take a worse paying but hopefully more enjoyable job. I am certain I want to leave but all the people I work with are nice people, even if I'm not particularly great friends with any of them.

I need to hand my notice in ASAP in so I can start my new job in time but I can't bring myself to hand it in. Whether through awkardness, guilt or anything else. I work mostly remotely aswell so not sure on the best way to hand it in.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

There's no need for guilt, it's a business transaction. You've got a better job offer and it's a fair decision for you to move. It's just life, very few jobs are forever and employers know that. A vacancy opens up opportunities for employers as well as your opportunity in the new role.
Original post by threeportdrift
There's no need for guilt, it's a business transaction. You've got a better job offer and it's a fair decision for you to move. It's just life, very few jobs are forever and employers know that. A vacancy opens up opportunities for employers as well as your opportunity in the new role.

I agree.
If you work remotely, then email your manager your notice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending