The Student Room Group

Home Office EO Immigration Enforcement Caseworkers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Onkui
Hi all, I’ve applied for Glasgow. Did the written test. It says it takes about 25 mins but took me about 40 mins as a lot to read and take. Waiting to hear back. Anyone had the interview yet?

Took me about 40 minutes as well. You heard anything from them yet? Got an invite to the video interview today.
Reply 21
Original post by Jesskew
Did you ever hear back from them about your written test?

No I haven’t heard back yet. I did contact the recruitment team and they said it’s pending review… I don’t know how long for…
Original post by Noorr12
Congratulations! What did the written test involve?

Let us know how it goes and best of luck!

Thank you!

My written test was basically the same as Onkui's above. I didn't find it difficult - just a lot to read and it's not time limited so you can take your time with it.
Reply 23
Original post by Msad
I did my written test 2 weeks ago. Took me 40 minutes too. Lots to read. Not heard back yet

Which location did you apply for?
For those of you who have done the written test, was yours in an OAC environment whereby you had someone on camera watching you write your test live?
I done the written test a few weeks ago so just waiting for outcome now
Reply 26
Original post by ClaireClaire22
I done the written test a few weeks ago so just waiting for outcome now

Hopefully you hear back soon! Which location did you apply for?
Original post by Noorr12
Hopefully you hear back soon! Which location did you apply for?

I’ve applied for Croydon. Where have you applied?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 28
Original post by ClaireClaire22
I’ve applied for Croydon. Where have you applied?

I applied for Croydon too. I completed my application on the 4/08 and I’m still waiting for the written test. I’m not too sure why it’s taking so long 😩
Reply 29
Original post by Noorr12
Which location did you apply for?

Solihull
Reply 30
Original post by username4560
I've just received an email that I've passed the written test and I'm invited to the video interview. I really hope that it's not too difficult

Hi, was the interview difficult questions? Would you say they’re hard to answer? I’ve done the written and hoping to get interview for Glasgow
Reply 31
Original post by username4560
Hi, I've done the written test too and waiting to hear back. I agree - it took more than 25min to do it. I've applied for Birmingham. Any idea when we would

hear back? I hope it's not until after the 8th September?

someone I know who works with CS recruitment says they’re all busy with school summer holidays so it’ll probably be well after that
Reply 32
Not sure why some are waiting longer than others for feedback.

Applied for Croydon in 08/08/2023 and got invited to sit the first test which was done the same day, few days letter got the follow up email stating I’ve passed and need to do the written test.

Got an update on the 18th that I’ve passed and need to sit the video sift test within 7 days which I have yet to do and deadline is tomorrow afternoon.
Reply 33
Original post by hmiah007

Applied for Croydon in 08/08/2023 and got invited to sit the first test which was done the same day, few days letter got the follow up email stating I’ve passed and need to do the written test.

Got an update on the 18th that I’ve passed and need to sit the video sift test within 7 days which I have yet to do and deadline is tomorrow afternoon.

What did they ask you to do on the Written Test? No one is giving much information…
Reply 34
Original post by marilop
What did they ask you to do on the Written Test? No one is giving much information…

The test isn’t timed so you can take all the time you need.

You work for a fictional company that supplies leaflets ect and your supervisor has found a new company that can provide 3 different products to you.

You are expected to evaluate what the 3 options are the pros and cons of the products and then recommend one that suits the companies needs and budget to your supervisor l.

You need to explain how you came to the conclusion of choosing the product that you recommend and needs to be in an email format.

It’s 500 words max and there is no right or wrong answer, purely want to see your reasoning skills.

If you pass that then they will invite you to the video sift part which I am on now and yet to complete.

Good luck.
Reply 35

Good luck on the video test, let us know how it goes!

And you’re lucky you’ve had a response so quick I started my application and completed the BBA on 04/08 and still waiting for the written test. I applied for Croydon
Reply 36
Original post by Noorr12

And you’re lucky you’ve had a response so quick I started my application and completed the BBA on 04/08 and still waiting for the written test. I applied for Croydon

Thanks let’s see how it goes as different people state different time frames for answering questions.

You should chase them for a response
Reply 37
Thanks let’s see how it goes as different people state different time frames for answering questions.

You should chase them for a response

I’ve chased them for an update twice and I always get the same answer ‘your application is pending review’ I guess I’ll just have to wait.
Reply 38
Original post by Noorr12

I suppose you just have to persevere with it and wait for them to get in touch but do chase them up every week.

Just completed my video sift and it’s an experience more then likely I screwed up but hey at least I now know what to expect if I have to do one again.

Total of 9 questions with 30 seconds to think of an example and 2 minutes to record your answer.

Question is displayed on the screen and a video is also played with a person reading you the question as if they was sitting in front of you.
You can start the recording earlier then the time and end it also once your done or the timer is up.

Everyone gets different questions I believe as the questions others stated are completely different to what I got.

All in all you have to relax and go with the flow making sure you are aware of the time frame and cover all basis of the question using the star system.

Now it’s a waiting game to see what the outcome is as the video sift has been passed onto the recruitment team to be reviewed and will get in touch with the outcome.

All the best for anyone who’s doing the video sift stage.
Original post by Onkui
Hi, was the interview difficult questions? Would you say they’re hard to answer? I’ve done the written and hoping to get interview for Glasgow

Hi, I've just done the interview and yes I've found it difficult but hoping for a positive outcome🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending