The Student Room Group

Home Office EO Immigration Enforcement Caseworkers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by username4560
Hi, I've just done the interview and yes I've found it difficult but hoping for a positive outcome🙏

I forgot to even give examples on some of the questions, all the best.
Original post by hmiah007
I forgot to even give examples on some of the questions, all the best.

Same here😇Hopefully they are not very strict. All the best to you too. Fingers crossed we both get it
Reply 42
Hey all. I applied to Liverpool and submitted my video interview just over a week ago, fingers crossed they don't take forever to get back to us like a lot of roles at the moment.
Is there anyone currently doing the job that can give us any feedback? I've heard a lot of horror stories about UKVI and particularly the decision maker role, however from the title this position's different so hoping it's not bad too?

I'm already a caseworker for the HO but I'm in a different department, keen to move up a grade 🙂
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Flx1
Hey all. I applied to Liverpool and submitted my video interview just over a week ago, fingers crossed they don't take forever to get back to us like a lot of roles at the moment.
Is there anyone currently doing the job that can give us any feedback? I've heard a lot of horror stories about UKVI and particularly the decision maker role, however from the title this position's different so hoping it's not bad too?

I'm already a caseworker for the HO but I'm in a different department, keen to move up a grade 🙂

Maybe waiting for the closing date before they compare everyone’s results and then choosing the best candidates.
Reply 44
Original post by username4560
I've just received an email that I've passed the written test and I'm invited to the video interview. I really hope that it's not too difficult

Where did u apply to and how long did it take before you got feedback on your written assessment
Reply 45
Original post by Nil567
Where did u apply to and how long did it take before you got feedback on your written assessment

I know you didn't ask me but I applied to Liverpool and I think it was about a week or so before I got the feedback for the written exam!
I've noticed we've passed most of the closing dates now for the different locations so I'm hoping that means they'll speed things up, although that's probably wishful thinking!
Reply 46
Original post by Flx1
I know you didn't ask me but I applied to Liverpool and I think it was about a week or so before I got the feedback for the written exam!
I've noticed we've passed most of the closing dates now for the different locations so I'm hoping that means they'll speed things up, although that's probably wishful thinking!

Thank you
Reply 47
Anyone else has done the written test? Any more tips? I did not pass my assessment but good to know for the next time :smile: . Thank you
Reply 48
Original post by luigi111
Anyone else has done the written test? Any more tips? I did not pass my assessment but good to know for the next time :smile: . Thank you

Where did u apply to
Reply 49
Original post by Flx1

How is it working for the HO as a casework? I know it’s in a different department but any insight would help. And were you given a mentor when you first started?
Reply 50
Original post by Noorr12
How is it working for the HO as a casework? I know it’s in a different department but any insight would help. And were you given a mentor when you first started?

I honestly really enjoy it! Like any job there's one or two things I'm not happy with and I'm Def not keen on a few managers, but overall the work is really interesting and my particular department don't push you too hard on targets etc. If it's anything like my current role than they expect you to come to your own decisions on the outcome of cases, but you obviously use current guidance and your other colleagues to help you if needed. I had a mix of 121 training and group learning when I started. It look me over 12 months to learn the very basics but it's one of those roles where you're constantly learning.
Reply 51
I applied for the Castle Donnington post and did my written test on 11th August - still not heard the outcome.
Reply 52
Original post by Nil567
Where did u apply to

Croydon
Reply 53
I heard back yesterday that I have passed the written test. I completed it on the 8/8.
Reply 54
Original post by Msad
I heard back yesterday that I have passed the written test. I completed it on the 8/8.

Any good tips to share ?
Reply 55
Original post by luigi111
Any good tips to share ?

Don’t worry about the written test, there isn’t a time limit so you can spend all day on it if you like.
Just hover over the page once every 45minutes or the site will close automatically and submit whatever you’ve written so far.

Just do the basics such as spell check ect before submitting, if the test is the same for everyone then you can only use a max of 500 words for the test.

Mine was to evaluate 3 products and recommend one to my supervisor explaining why and how I came to the decision.

There is No right or wrong answer for this test, well there wasn't for mine anyway.
Reply 56
Have u gotten feedback yet
Reply 57
I finally received an email yesterday asking me to do the written test after waiting 3.5 weeks. It took me 1 hour and 20 mins to complete.
Reply 58
Also did anyone receive a confirmation email after submitting the writing test?
Original post by Noorr12
Also did anyone receive a confirmation email after submitting the writing test?

I didn’t receive an email confirmation but the portal says “thank you for completing the written test”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending