The Student Room Group

Home Office EO Immigration Enforcement Caseworkers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ClaireClaire22
I didn’t receive an email confirmation but the portal says “thank you for completing the written test”

Ah okay thank you! I just wanted to double check
Reply 61
For anyone who’s wishing to apply for another home office position, the written test is the same so go back into your application and save your answer as this can be reused again.
Reply 62
Original post by hmiah007
For anyone who’s wishing to apply for another home office position, the written test is the same so go back into your application and save your answer as this can be reused again.

That's exactly what I did yesterday lol
Reply 63
Original post by jodie1982
That's exactly what I did yesterday lol

Same here, applied for another role and skipped the bba part but had to do the written part again thought it would allow the skip but didn’t.

Just copied and pasted it since it was the same question.
Reply 64
Hi did anyone else who passed the written assessment, get an email invited to a pre assessment?
Reply 65
Original post by Evmb123
Hi did anyone else who passed the written assessment, get an email invited to a pre assessment?

I registered and logged on today. No one was answering the chat so left.
Reply 66
What time was yours today? Mine is later on
Reply 67
Original post by Evmb123

Hi what does the pre assessment involve?
Reply 68
I have not got any email yet. Fingers crossed
Reply 69
I think it’s discussing next steps, so you can prepare for the interview
Original post by Noorr12
Hi what does the pre assessment involve?
Reply 70
Original post by Evmb123

No pre assessment, just an email stating that you gone through to the video sift stage and will need to book your time slot.
Reply 71
Original post by hmiah007
No pre assessment, just an email stating that you gone through to the video sift stage and will need to book your time slot.

When did you get the mail
Reply 72
Original post by Nil567
When did you get the mail

Everyone’s receiving updates at different time scales, I believe after 4/5 days they sent me an invitation to sit the video sift test.
You have 7 days to do this part which they send you reminders when you have 5 days left and 48 hours remaining.
Reply 73
Just done my PVI, think I waffled a bit to much. Luckily I have a provisional offer for DWP but did it just incase !
Reply 74
Original post by DO BJ
Just done my PVI, think I waffled a bit to much. Luckily I have a provisional offer for DWP but did it just incase !

All the best, think they expect some waffling.
Just a waiting game now for everyone who’s done the video sift for an outcome.
I just looked at the advert again and it says that a previous video score will be used. I was unsuccessful today for another EO role with a score of 18, 3 for each behaviour and 12 for strengths. I’m now thinking that this is why I’ve not been invited to interview despite applying ages ago. I think they were waiting for my interview outcome from the other post.
Hi all, I've applied for this role in Sheffield. I did the first two assessments last week and have had my invitation for the video interview. I can't book on one of the information sessions because the next available one of after my 7 days expires. Could anyone give any examples of which behaviours/strengths the questions were looking at? Thanks
Reply 77
Original post by Laurajay122
Hi all, I've applied for this role in Sheffield. I did the first two assessments last week and have had my invitation for the video interview. I can't book on one of the information sessions because the next available one of after my 7 days expires. Could anyone give any examples of which behaviours/strengths the questions were looking at? Thanks

It's really tricky to remember the questions as you are focused on answering them. I felt like I waffled but it's done now so hopefully I will be successful as I have the strengths required it's just difficult to get your point across in 2 minutes. At least in a f2f interview you can expand a bit.
Reply 78
Original post by Laurajay122

I believe everyone gets different questions if not same questions worded differently.

30 seconds to think of an example and 120 seconds recording time for your answer.
Should utilise entire recording time for your answer but can finish it if you don’t have anything else to say and move onto the next question.

First question isn’t marked and asks about something you’ve done recently that you enjoy.

Below is some of the questions that I got:

* How would you ensure that the information you provide is precise and accurate?

* How do you keep staff positive when faced with challenging changes at work?

* How do you motivate yourself to tackle difficult tasks?

* How do you make sure that you do everything you need to do, and do it well, when you're busy?

I looked into it and saw some other questions people got and believed I’d get them too but boy was I wrong as mine was completely different.

Just follow the star system when answering and you should be fine.
Reply 79
Original post by Msad
It's really tricky to remember the questions as you are focused on answering them. I felt like I waffled but it's done now so hopefully I will be successful as I have the strengths required it's just difficult to get your point across in 2 minutes. At least in a f2f interview you can expand a bit.

Face to face you get a lot more time to answer and help of you get stuck.
Also they prompt you with follow up questions so they can get a clear understanding of your answer which helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending