Reply 20
Original post by 17277282kiosk
have you tried emailing them

let me try that
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
did anyone apply for the aero engineering course before the oxbridge deadline and received their aero mat dates recently(like in the last 2-3 days)?
Economics Finance and Data Science - International

IB Predicted - 43, HL Maths AA, Physics, Economics. SL, Chinese B, English Lang Lit A, Psychology

Applied imperial because I like London and I know a couple people there and would love to study in London

Applied to LSE and stuff too...
Original post by Rhm12
Has anyone recieved acknowledgement email from Inperial after UCAS submission. I received confirmation from other 4 unis but not Imperial. Is that normal?

I applied on the 19th and got confirmation the next day but some of my other unis took a while
Original post by Alicia38818824
I applied on the 19th and got confirmation the next day but some of my other unis took a while

The only university that took its time with the confirmation was Durham. I applied on the 27th of September and within 2 days, I got my confirmation.
Original post by michaeldeng

IB Predicted - 43, HL Maths AA, Physics, Economics. SL, Chinese B, English Lang Lit A, Psychology

Applied imperial because I like London and I know a couple people there and would love to study in London

Me too, applying to EFDS as an international student.

GCE A Level predicted grade 4A* and got A* in Pure Math this summer already.

I heard the competition was very fierce last year. Not too sure I am competitive enough to get an interview.
1. What course are you applying for?
Computing BEng (maybe MEng but that is dependent on how I feel if I get selected by Imperial of course)

2. What A-levels (or equivalent) are you taking?
Predicted A*A*A*A*A* in Chemistry, Computer Science, Further Mathematics and Mathematics and EPQ

3. Are you sitting an admissions test for your course?
I sat an admissions test on the 12th October and if I get an offer after interview, I will be required to sit the STEP exam.

4. Why Imperial?
It is one of the best universities in this country for Computer Science and a great pathway for getting into industry post-bachelors degree. I like the hustle and bustle of London and Imperial's worldwide reputation in STEM-related subjects is immense.

5. Any other unis you're interested in?

I have also applied to Cambridge BA, Durham BSc(Hons), Edinburgh(BEng four year course) and Manchester BSc(Hons) for Computer Science.

I hope to get in to this university.
The odds are against me in terms of offers to applicants ratio (I think it is 20+ applicants for one offer) but rather than demotivating me to apply, it motivated me to apply and defy those odds.
Reply 28
Original post by michaeldeng

Have you gotten an interview?
Reply 29
Has anybody received an interview for BSC Economics, Finance & Data Science?
Reply 30
Original post by adhya_9
hey! I applied for the aerospace engineering course on 16th oct, with A*A*AA predicted in maths, further maths, physics and comp sci respectively(with an A in maths in hand as I gave it last year, but will retake it again this year and have been predicted an A* for the retake). I still haven't received a date for the admissions test, nor have I gotten any other emails aside from the acknowledgment email. Does this mean I am most likely to get rejected? (given the admissions test usually occurs at the start of November)

Whilst I cant give you any decisive information on your situation I can however tell you about my experience so far. Like you, I gave the a-level maths exam and only got an A (242 marks which was 2 off A*) last year. I ended up however applying with 3A* predicted as I am also retaking the maths this year and I got an invite to interview a couple days ago, so in this regard they seemed to deem the other aspects of my application strong enough that the A could be overlooked (based upon my speculation). So is it possible to get an offer? yes. Will you get an offer? Im not sure. Will the A effect your chances? not sure but I believe so yes. But dont lose hope, Make sure to make up for this you have a great personal statement and perform well above average on the entrance exam and if possible maybe get your teacher to comment something about the retake on your ucas reference and perhaps of any disadvantageous situations that may have happened during you taking the exams. I've applied for joint maths and computing which I believe to be just as if not more competitive than aerospace engineering and am doing Maths, Further maths and physics. Other than that, Good luck!
Reply 31
I’m currently in year 13 studying maths, further maths and physics. I’m about to apply for the Joint Maths and Computing degree at imperial. My predicted grades are A*A*A*

1. What are my chances in securing an interview, provided I perform well on the logic test?

2. What percentage of applicants get invited to sit the logic test since it says "candidate with sufficient potential"?

4. I have extra time so will I get extra time in the logic test and how do I let imperial know that?

Thanks,
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 32
Original post by bhaVify
Whilst I cant give you any decisive information on your situation I can however tell you about my experience so far. Like you, I gave the a-level maths exam and only got an A (242 marks which was 2 off A*) last year. I ended up however applying with 3A* predicted as I am also retaking the maths this year and I got an invite to interview a couple days ago, so in this regard they seemed to deem the other aspects of my application strong enough that the A could be overlooked (based upon my speculation). So is it possible to get an offer? yes. Will you get an offer? Im not sure. Will the A effect your chances? not sure but I believe so yes. But dont lose hope, Make sure to make up for this you have a great personal statement and perform well above average on the entrance exam and if possible maybe get your teacher to comment something about the retake on your ucas reference and perhaps of any disadvantageous situations that may have happened during you taking the exams. I've applied for joint maths and computing which I believe to be just as if not more competitive than aerospace engineering and am doing Maths, Further maths and physics. Other than that, Good luck!

Thank you so much for this, the issue is they haven't gotten back to me about the entrance exam yet so I am worried I'm not gonna be shortlisted, I've tried emailing but haven't heard back yet. I guess I just have to wait and see ...
Reply 33
My son has applied for Chemistry. He’s taking Maths, FM, Chemistry and Physics. Predicted 3 A stars and an A for FM. State school, Uk. We’ve heard of a 4 A star predicted candidate who has an interview date. Anyone else applying for Chemistry?
When do we find out about interviews?
Original post by Anonymous
The odds are against me in terms of offers to applicants ratio (I think it is 20+ applicants for one offer) but rather than demotivating me to apply, it motivated me to apply and defy those odds.

That's just because Imperial tend to misrepresent their true applications to offers ratio. The big spreadsheet shows it's more like a 20% offer rate for UK based students for Computing. Hopefully that makes you feel better.
Reply 36
Original post by Grgy
My son has applied for Chemistry. He’s taking Maths, FM, Chemistry and Physics. Predicted 3 A stars and an A for FM. State school, Uk. We’ve heard of a 4 A star predicted candidate who has an interview date. Anyone else applying for Chemistry?

Me and my friend have applied chemistry, no interview invites as of yet. However, I'm aware of 3 people who have gotten one already for chemistry
Original post by Aanu3001
I’m currently in year 13 studying maths, further maths and physics. I’m about to apply for the Joint Maths and Computing degree at imperial. My predicted grades are A*A*A (A in physics).

1. Is it worth applying or would I be a weaker applicant since I dont have a predicted A* in Physics, and if so what are my chances in securing an interview, provided I perform well on the logic test?

2. What percentage of applicants get invited to sit the logic test since it says "candidate with sufficient potential"?

3. Would I be likely get invited to sit the test?

4. I have extra time so will I get extra time in the logic test and how do I let imperial know that?

Thanks,

1) It is for you to decide whether it is worth applying. What I can say is that you meet the minimum typical offer for the course so you have a good chance of proceeding to the logic test. If you do well on the logic test, eg. 8+/10, then decent chance of interview too I'd say.

2) Practically all candidates who have good enough predicted grades.

3) There is a good chance I think, based on the information you have provided.

4) Not a formal exam so no guarantee of getting extra time. Timing given is already quite generous anyway. If you email Imperial, they might be able to sort something out.

Hope that helps.
Reply 38
Has anyone received interview invitation for biomedical engineering or any course in bioengineering department yet?
Reply 39
Original post by d-p
Has anyone received interview invitation for biomedical engineering or any course in bioengineering department yet?

I think I've seen one person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending