The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official Imperial College 2024 Undergraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah quite possible. Definitely looking forward to it. Have you received follow up details from them yet like a confirmation or anything? I filled in that survey form thing but heard nothing back yet

Well, I emailed them myself just too make sure everything I filled out was ok (and I had some questions about travelling there) and they got back to me pretty quickly and confirmed they had received my response. Though if you haven't heard anything back I would assume that they got your response but maybe email just to be sure - can't hurt.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by bhaVify
Well, I emailed them myself just too make sure everything I filled out was ok (and I had some questions about travelling there) and they got back to me pretty quickly and confirmed they had received my response. Though if you haven't heard anything back I would assume that they got your response but maybe email just to be sure - can't hurt.

Yeah I'll probably email tomorrow afternoon after that deadline closes (if there's no automated thing ready) to confirm stuff like arrival/end times. Do you think they'd reimburse travel costs? - I had to spend £25 on train tickets but it was higher cos they sent the invite late and advance prices had gone up :frown:. Did you just reply to the same email address the invite came on then?
I also wonder if they're gonna provide lunch
Reply 63
Any update on bsc economics finance and data science?
Reply 64
Original post by benji_w
i applied on the 7th of october and was invited to the eee/aero MAT (I applied for EIE) on the 20th of October, My test is today.

thats great! , how did it go???
Reply 65
Original post by adhya_9
thats great! , how did it go???

it was terrible 😭😭
Original post by benji_w
it was terrible 😭😭

I'm worried about my chances as well. I applied for CS.

I'm extremely worried now because I sat my admissions test on the 12th October and submitted my application on 27/09. People who applied after me and sat the admissions test after me have received invites to interviews but I have nothing so far :frown:
Reply 67
I'm worried about my chances as well. I applied for CS.

I'm extremely worried now because I sat my admissions test on the 12th October and submitted my application on 27/09. People who applied after me and sat the admissions test after me have received invites to interviews but I have nothing so far :frown:

I don't think it's as bad as you think. You must be in the ballpark as you haven't been rejected and its almost been a full month.
Original post by benji_w
I don't think it's as bad as you think. You must be in the ballpark as you haven't been rejected and its almost been a full month.

I hope so. My TMUA went awfully so my Cambridge chances are slim.
I hope so. My TMUA went awfully so my Cambridge chances are slim.

You'll probably be fine. Many applicants are still yet to apply and Imperial will probably do a statistical distribution of all the online test results after more results come in on a rolling basis and will keep all realistic applications under review like this. If it begins to look like your online test result is good compared to all the others, then you are likely to get an invite to interview.
Does anyone know if Imperial dishes out offers for biochemistry after jan or is it possible they may give decisions this november and maybe december?
When do the CS interviews tend to come out for early applicants?
I already sat the admissions test and am nervous cos I applied 16th Oct
any econ finance and ds?
If you're nervous, I applied on 27/09, did my admissions test on 12/10 and no response from them. They are currently looking at JMC students so our time will come soon I think. We just need to be patient.
Reply 74

Any early CS applicants- do not worry about being invited to the interview yet, at least not until Feb. I sat the CS online test last year mid-Oct, then heard nothing until late Jan, interviewed in Feb and offer on 01/March. Speaking to other fellow candidates on the interview day, I got the idea that they decide on most interview invites very late and most decisions are made/conveyed in March. So sit tight now that you have done the online test. If you scored 60-70%+ in the online test, you will most likely get an interview & nearly everyone who gets an interview secures an offer. They respond to very few candidates before Jan/Feb so absolutely no need to worry as yet.
Has anyone else had an email saying that you will receive an interview invitation shortly?
I got one on the 1st but havent received anything else about interviews since then.
Reply 76
Original post by Anonymous #7
Has anyone else had an email saying that you will receive an interview invitation shortly?
I got one on the 1st but havent received anything else about interviews since then.

What course?
Original post by o_g1994
Hi does anybody know when does Essix usually open their applications, as it says on the website Autumn 2023 for the entry 2024. When did it open last year, we can assume from that I guess?

Pal, Autumn 2023 is this year. 😂 Few people send their applications off in the same year that they wish to enter university (though the deadline is January 31st 2024 for sending your application off) as at that point, a lot of the places will have been allotted and there will be increased competition for the limited remaining places.

You apply with predicted grades or achieved grades if you have taken a(/some) gap year(s) and if and when you receive offers back from these universities, they will either accept you unconditionally (i.e. regardless of what A level grades you get or whatever other qualification or because you have already attained the minimum entry grades and have an outstanding application) or conditionally (subject to meeting certain subject requirements when it comes to actually sitting your A levels).

After May (which is when all universities should have made their decisions about applications ( I believe the deadline for entering into university next year is 16/05/2024 but I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong), you have to choose a firm and insurance choice from the universities that accept you. You select two universities that you want to attend provided you meet their requirements (if indeed they have any for you). One will be your firm choice where if you get the necessary grades, you say "I'm definitely going here" and the other is your insurance choice, which is where you go if your grades don't quite go your way to meet your firm choice. The remaining universities who you got offers from (if indeed there are any left) will then put the places up for Clearing (which you can look up yourself).

When it comes to results day, if you match the conditions for entry into your firm or insurance choice, you have bagged yourself a university place. If not, then you will have to apply for Clearing or take a gap year and reapply for entering university in 2025.

Also, this is the applicant thread for Imperial. If you would like to find out more about Essex applications (which are indeed open[I think] and have been open for at least the past 6 weeks), you can ask this on the university of Essex thread because there will be other people who will have applied to Essex or are planning to apply to Essex (which based on your question suggests to me that you lie in this boat) and so will be able to help you more than people who aren't applying to Essex.

Hope that this helped and my intentions were by no means condescension. If you felt that I was a bit condescending, I would like to apologise for my behaviour and merely inform that this was not my intention but rather assist you with information about your query.

The only thing I have received is today about a webinar regarding the "What next?" of your application to Imperial.
Original post by _tjola7
What course?

Earth Science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending