The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official Imperial College 2024 Undergraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Imperial is really pulling on heart strings with their "Ace your interview with our tips, xxx": "Get ready for your interview!" email
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hi anyone apply for medical bioscience?
Original post by Anonymous

meeee
Original post by 17277282kiosk
meeee

omg hi where else did you apply ? have you gotten any offers yet?
Reply 84

🙋*♀️🙋*♀️
I got an invite to interview today and my interview is on 29th November. I applied for pure CS (no JMC) with 5A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry. I found the admissions test quite straightforward but tight for time. Hope to get an offer soon 🤞🤞.
Reply 86
I got an invite to interview today and my interview is on 29th November. I applied for pure CS (no JMC) with 5A*s in Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Chemistry. I found the admissions test quite straightforward but tight for time. Hope to get an offer soon 🤞🤞.

good luck! I applied for CS too, hoping to hear about interviews too :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 87

when did you apply, and what date did you do the online test?
Original post by tjola7
when did you apply, and what date did you do the online test?

I applied 27/09/2023 with predicted grades and I did my online test on 12/09 having been informed about it 3 days prior.
Original post by tjola7
good luck! I applied for CS too, hoping to hear about interviews too :smile:

Good luck! How did you find the admissions test? What are you applying with (grades-wise and were they predicted or achieved?) ? When did you sit the admissions test? They will often take time to decide whether to give someone an interview and if you look at the spreadsheet from the Imperial forum from last year, you'll see that people got interviews at various different times and it's the same for offers.

Unlike Oxbridge, the admissions test at Imperial isn't everything for the application process - they take a deep look into your personal statement as well. I looked at the applicant data for people who got offers and interviews (from some random person's FOI request) and there are people who got 100% on the admissions test and yet didn't get interviews. But obviously, the whole point in having the admissions test is so that they can differentiate between candidates as well so they will take equal consideration. The higher you score, the probability that you get an interview also increases.
Funny story - When I found out that I got my interview, I fell out of my seat in my EPQ lesson.

I was checking my emails for anything from my CS teacher about how we are meant to hand in the implementation part of our NEA and I saw the Imperial email so I assumed it was one of those mailing list emails saying tips for interview, resources to prepare etc. I opened the email to find out I had an interview and I was shocked and surprised.
Good luck! How did you find the admissions test? What are you applying with (grades-wise and were they predicted or achieved?) ? When did you sit the admissions test? They will often take time to decide whether to give someone an interview and if you look at the spreadsheet from the Imperial forum from last year, you'll see that people got interviews at various different times and it's the same for offers.

Unlike Oxbridge, the admissions test at Imperial isn't everything for the application process - they take a deep look into your personal statement as well. I looked at the applicant data for people who got offers and interviews (from some random person's FOI request) and there are people who got 100% on the admissions test and yet didn't get interviews. But obviously, the whole point in having the admissions test is so that they can differentiate between candidates as well so they will take equal consideration. The higher you score, the probability that you get an interview also increases.

if you are able to can you post the link to that admissions info?
if you are able to can you post the link to that admissions info?

It is from a couple of years ago but I still felt that it is applicable so I chose to trust it more or less because the interview and offer numbers will both be staying the same (give or take a bit. I'm assuming a standard deviation of absolute tops 10 people here btw).

2021: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/application_statistics_on_pre_in

2019: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/statistics_on_computing_applicat

Using the first link, you will have to scroll down a lot but you will eventually see a response from Imperial on January 16th where Imperial have released a spreadsheet with this data on it and you can download it.

It's the same with the second one but different dates and different person who sent in the request.

You can do the same for the second one.
Reply 93
Original post by Anonymous #2

Hi there, this is my second account ahaha

I found the admissions test doable, just had to be quite fast because there wasn't much time.
I'm from Scotland so we don't do A-Levels but I'm predicted 4A's at Advanced Higher Level (A-Level equivalent). We don't do A*s, an A is the highest grade.
I applied 12th October and sat the test on 23rd October. I was informed 4 days prior.
Reply 94
Funny story - When I found out that I got my interview, I fell out of my seat in my EPQ lesson.

I was checking my emails for anything from my CS teacher about how we are meant to hand in the implementation part of our NEA and I saw the Imperial email so I assumed it was one of those mailing list emails saying tips for interview, resources to prepare etc. I opened the email to find out I had an interview and I was shocked and surprised.

That's quite funny 😂😂
Reply 95

It is from a couple of years ago but I still felt that it is applicable so I chose to trust it more or less because the interview and offer numbers will both be staying the same (give or take a bit. I'm assuming a standard deviation of absolute tops 10 people here btw).

Using the first link, you will have to scroll down a lot but you will eventually see a response from Imperial on January 16th where Imperial have released a spreadsheet with this data on it and you can download it.

It's the same with the second one but different dates and different person who sent in the request.

Thanks for this!

Wow! Almost all the applicants invited for interviews got the offers for the test score between 90-100.
Reply 97
Wow! Almost all the applicants invited for interviews got the offers for the test score between 90-100.

same with those in the 60-70 range, it appears that you're quite likely to get an offer once you are invited for interview 🙂
Original post by _tjola7
same with those in the 60-70 range, it appears that you're quite likely to get an offer once you are invited for interview 🙂

80% chance...hope I get it. Because the admissions test is online, they use interview to detect whether said person was cheating or not as well as to gauge your personality.
Reply 99
80% chance...hope I get it. Because the admissions test is online, they use interview to detect whether said person was cheating or not as well as to gauge your personality.

yup!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending