The Student Room Group

Missed conditional offer

Hi all,
My son missed his conditional offer of A*AA as he achieved A A A, 3 marks off an A* in maths and would've been a clear A* from 2017 onwards.
He was initially told sorry but no by the uni, we have requested a re mark of a few papers.

My question is should we try a retake and if so are they frowned upon as I've had conflicting information.
The course and structure is quite specific and not offered elsewhere.
His school were shocked as he was predicted straight A* and have written to the college.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Djeffs
Hi all,
My son missed his conditional offer of A*AA as he achieved A A A, 3 marks off an A* in maths and would've been a clear A* from 2017 onwards.
He was initially told sorry but no by the uni, we have requested a re mark of a few papers.

My question is should we try a retake and if so are they frowned upon as I've had conflicting information.
The course and structure is quite specific and not offered elsewhere.
His school were shocked as he was predicted straight A* and have written to the college.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If the school are supportive then yes get a marking review.

it’s important to make sure ghat it’s a priority review and to notify his universities (including the one that rejected him) in writing that he’s getting a priority review and may meet his offer conditions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending