The Student Room Group

Deferral of Entry, Oxford University

Hi! I have an offer to start my DPhil in International Relations this October, at Pembroke College. I am trying to defer due to family circumstances. I have made this known to staff at the Department of Politics and International Relations and the Offer Holders Office. However, I have gotten no clear answer on this and it has already been a month. I need to plan ahead. Also, I am worried that if I defer, my offer may be withdrawn next year or that my supervisor would not be available.

Has anybody else deferred? What has been your experience?
Reply 1
Original post by aleroemer
Hi! I have an offer to start my DPhil in International Relations this October, at Pembroke College. I am trying to defer due to family circumstances. I have made this known to staff at the Department of Politics and International Relations and the Offer Holders Office. However, I have gotten no clear answer on this and it has already been a month. I need to plan ahead. Also, I am worried that if I defer, my offer may be withdrawn next year or that my supervisor would not be available.

Have you communicated directly with Pembroke College?
Original post by aleroemer

Hello, Congratulations on the Offer, I applied around the January Deadline for DPhil IR but haven't received anything yet I'm too nervous and don't know if I will be able to get admission or not, Although I have two postgraduate degrees one form UCL and One from SOAS, with substantial work experience and volunteer experience, and some article publications and research projects I did. I also have a kind of approval from the Professor under whom I want to work and he encouraged me to go for it but what concerns me is my marks at UCL where I have distinctions and merit but overall it's a Pass, but in SOAS where my Degree is on IR I have overall 68+ High Merit. I would love to know about your experience and any insights you can provide, It will be very helpful, Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending