The Student Room Group

Can I choose to not declare a degree

Hi, would appreciate serious answers from people who know for sure pls. Say I have 2 undergraduate degrees in different fields and want to apply for a postgraduate degree. If my second undergraduate degree satisfies the requirements for the masters course I want however in the first degree, I got a really poor classification(but the second degree is in a more relevant subject anyway), can I choose to leave out the first degree on my postgrad application when they ask you to list education? Or would this be "illegal" and is it something they would actually catch?
Original post by silverswan2002
Hi, would appreciate serious answers from people who know for sure pls. Say I have 2 undergraduate degrees in different fields and want to apply for a postgraduate degree. If my second undergraduate degree satisfies the requirements for the masters course I want however in the first degree, I got a really poor classification(but the second degree is in a more relevant subject anyway), can I choose to leave out the first degree on my postgrad application when they ask you to list education? Or would this be "illegal" and is it something they would actually catch?

Read the question they ask. If they ask for prior qualifications, then you have to put it in there. If they only ask for 'relevant', then you can miss it out.

But you know that 100% they want all, and you should put it in there. Stop being so precious and learn how to own your life history.
Also I know this is hard to say, but how much do you guys think this would this hinder an app to a top uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending