The Student Room Group

GCSE French Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the GCSE French Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

hello everyone! i am in year 13 but i achieved a grade 8 in GCSE French in 2022, so you can ask me some questions!!
Original post by emm4nuella
hello everyone! i am in year 13 but i achieved a grade 8 in GCSE French in 2022, so you can ask me some questions!!

if you do it for a level I could use some help! just started year 12!
Original post by izzyranderson
if you do it for a level I could use some help! just started year 12!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7395455 :biggrin:
hello GCSE French students, if you want to join a discord study group - feel free to do so here!! https://discord.gg/TpDwb3v8
Reply 6

Im in year 12 and I also got a grade 8 last year, how are your A-levels going?
Original post by adamor7
Im in year 12 and I also got a grade 8 last year, how are your A-levels going?

good thanks :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hi I have my Mocks coming up in a month for french does anyone have any tips
Reply 9
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the GCSE French Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Hey everyone! Im doing the AQA exam board for french and I'm struggling with my French speaking and just wanted to know if you guys have any tips that I can apply to improve my speaking..
Reply 10

hey! how would you suggest i go about writing my 1min french speech as ive got my mocks in a few days
Reply 11
Original post by aamna12344
hey! how would you suggest i go about writing my 1min french speech as ive got my mocks in a few days

For writing, I think you should go over all possible topics the way you do for speaking, for example I'm doing AQA french higher, and my teacher has given us a speaking booklet to prepare all the possible questions for all the french topics (I think there is 8 ) and I just practice and memorise my answers, this helps with the writing exam as the questions and bullet points will be similar to speaking questions.

For the speaking photocard you should talk about clothes, activity, weather (if possible) and positions of everything (foreground/background) for the first bullet point. I suggest spending most of the time on the 1st bullet point but still prepare the next 2 bullet points as if there is time you will get asked about them. Also talk moderately slowly to waste seconds cuz this reduces the time and the chance of you getting asked the spontaneous q.

For the roleplay all I can suggest is give short snappy answers, and make sure you revise how to ask different types of questions!

Another thing try ask you teacher or whoever you're speaking to a question during the general conversation as it shows higher understanding, u can simply just say 'et toi?' after giving your answer to a q they've asked.

Hope this helps
Reply 12
Hi everyone. I'm a 2nd year language student studying both French and Spanish. I did both at A Level and for my GCSEs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or PM me.
Reply 13

how do you revise? im currently at a predicted 9 but lost in the lessons and i have a poor teacher that is not very good at teaching. how do you advise that i learn at home?
Original post by jmoore19
how do you revise? im currently at a predicted 9 but lost in the lessons and i have a poor teacher that is not very good at teaching. how do you advise that i learn at home?

i recommend doing a lot of vocab outside of lessons so that you do not lose that essential part of the course. here's the links to my vocab sets: all french gcse vocab <3 Folder | Quizlet
Reply 15
i recommend doing a lot of vocab outside of lessons so that you do not lose that essential part of the course. here's the links to my vocab sets: all french gcse vocab <3 Folder | Quizlet

thanks so much does this set cover all of the vocab?
Original post by jmoore19
thanks so much does this set cover all of the vocab?

yes for aqa
Reply 17

How did you do listening lol I’m good at everything else but listening
Reply 18
yes for aqa

thanks you're a lifesaver hope you do well in your A levels what is the best part of the quizlet set to do?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 19

Hi, I struggle with speaking and listening so do you have any tips for those? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending