The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Medical Sciences 2024 Foundation Entry

Anyone applied for Medical Sciences at UCLAN?
Original post by Codididid
Anyone applied for Medical Sciences at UCLAN?

Hi @Codididid 😊

Fantastic to hear that you are interested in our BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences course! Although I did not study this course, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have on the course or life here at UCLan.

All the best,
Sarah
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @Codididid 😊

Fantastic to hear that you are interested in our BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences course! Although I did not study this course, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have on the course or life here at UCLan.

All the best,
Sarah

Hi!

Yes, I do actually have some questions.

I actually live quite far away, in London and I'm also the only child in my household so it's a bit tough to decide if I really want to move out this far.

I haven't heard much about Burnley but I'm so used to city life, I enjoy towns which are thriving and have facilities such as gyms and coffee shops.

The reason I'm attracted to this course is because with a foundation year, it is only three years and I want to do Graduate Entry Med but didn't take the right A Levels.

However, just concerned really about moving to Burnley. Is it dull?....
Original post by Codididid
Hi!

Yes, I do actually have some questions.

I actually live quite far away, in London and I'm also the only child in my household so it's a bit tough to decide if I really want to move out this far.

I haven't heard much about Burnley but I'm so used to city life, I enjoy towns which are thriving and have facilities such as gyms and coffee shops.

The reason I'm attracted to this course is because with a foundation year, it is only three years and I want to do Graduate Entry Med but didn't take the right A Levels.

However, just concerned really about moving to Burnley. Is it dull?....

Hi there,

I studied the foundation entry medical sciences and now I'm in my 4th year of MBBS so hopefully I can help!
I was able to apply to the MBBS degree during the first year of this (year 0, foundation year) and whilst, this was not guaranteed, I was lucky enough to be successful and get a place on the MBBS degree.

Burnley is based in East Lancashire and is quite a small town. I've found that even in our clinical years of the MBBS, many students live in Preston and commute to Burnley. There are however, halls available at Burnley and some students do prefer to live there!

Burnley is around 40 minutes from Manchester which is the nearest big city that you have probably heard of!

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

-Rebecca, 4th Year MBBS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending