The Student Room Group

Border Force National Campaign September 2023

Scroll to see replies

Been reading this thread for a while but kept myself quiet. Had my job offer, passed all checks, just waiting on start date. I am already HO so it should be an easy process. They told me 27th March that they needed a release date from my TL to be able to give me a start date. Terry B, hopefully we will be starting at the same time!
Anyone else get the email about part-time posts over the Summer?
Not interested in part time myself!
Original post by NYCSavage
Been reading this thread for a while but kept myself quiet. Had my job offer, passed all checks, just waiting on start date. I am already HO so it should be an easy process. They told me 27th March that they needed a release date from my TL to be able to give me a start date. Terry B, hopefully we will be starting at the same time!

Hey NYC, Glad to here you're waiting on a start date. Hopefully I shouldn't wait much longer. I have a medical consultation on Friday, but I am assuming that will be passed. Are you waiting for a start date at Manchester?
Original post by Terry B
Hey NYC, Glad to here you're waiting on a start date. Hopefully I shouldn't wait much longer. I have a medical consultation on Friday, but I am assuming that will be passed. Are you waiting for a start date at Manchester?

I am. They emailed me asking for my workplace passport (OccHealth thing) and then said they would message my TL asking for a release date. That was a week ago and TL hasn’t mentioned it but told me he’d let me know when they’ve contacted him.

It’s for Manchester
(edited 3 weeks ago)
I am. They emailed me asking for my workplace passport (OccHealth thing) and then said they would message my TL asking for a release date. That was a week ago and TL hasn’t mentioned it but told me he’d let me know when they’ve contacted him.
It’s for Manchester

Hi NYC,

Did you also have a phone consultation with the occupational health?
Original post by Terry B
Hi NYC,
Did you also have a phone consultation with the occupational health?

I went through that. Ended up with 3 follow up meetings. Last one will be this month.
I went through that. Ended up with 3 follow up meetings. Last one will be this month.

Ah ok. I will keep you posted on when/if I get a start date
Original post by Terry B
Ah ok. I will keep you posted on when/if I get a start date

Ditto :smile:
Original post by Emel.5685
Hi, hope everyone had a nice Easter!
Has anyone recieved a start date yet or contract?

Yes! Got my start date due to a last minute cancellation on the training course so they moved me up. I'll be training from the end of this month

First applied 26th September

Edit: Typos
(edited 2 weeks ago)
So did anyone else receive the expression of interest email about part time posts?
Original post by Matt7532
For the latest campaign, do you need any qualifications (GCSE, A levels) to apply? A friend asked me but I can’t remember!

I don’t think you do
Original post by Biffboy
So did anyone else receive the expression of interest email about part time posts?

I did. Are you going for it ?
For the latest campaign, do you need any qualifications (GCSE, A levels) to apply? A friend asked me but I can’t remember!

What is the latest campaign ? I’ve not seen any new roles advertised ?

No, I have a degree that I have never used, and the HO have never asked me about it, they didnt even ask if I went to uni. Nor did they ask what qualifications I have. They wanted to know me, they wanted to know about my experiences.

Hope this helps
Original post by ddd1981
I did. Are you going for it ?

Nope not myself i didnt apply for part time so ill just stay on the reserve list for now!
Original post by Biffboy

Hey when did you hear about part-time posts and was there a closing date please?
Original post by SONIC7
Hey when did you hear about part-time posts and was there a closing date please?

A couple of weeks ago you had to register you interest for the posts but it did not Guarantee a full time contract at the end which was around September if I remember correctly!
The cutoff was the 11th April!
Original post by Biffboy
A couple of weeks ago you had to register you interest for the posts but it did not Guarantee a full time contract at the end which was around September if I remember correctly!
The cutoff was the 11th April!
Thanks for that ...was it only for specific areas for the summer ?
Original post by SONIC7
Thanks for that ...was it only for specific areas for the summer ?

Yeah There was a pdf doc attached with a list can’t remember all the places though!
Original post by Biffboy
Yeah There was a pdf doc attached with a list can’t remember all the places though!

Thanks they probably just sent it to areas needed...wonder how they are going to do security checks and training in time for a contract ending in September hardly seems worth it for them unless they put those people back on reserve for full-time in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending