The Student Room Group

Border Force National Campaign September 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NOkw1
Nothing yet, after being told my application was not being progressed, they decided it was automatically withdrawn in error. Still awaiting BBA results and progress to the written tests.

At least they acknowledged there was a mistake, hope you hear back soon 🤞🏻.
Reply 41
Another “we’re still reviewing” update.
Reply 42
Original post by NOkw1
Another “we’re still reviewing” update.

Yep got one myself what is there to Review surely it’s electronically marked and a simply pass or fail exercise 🤔
Reply 43
Just my little input, I did my initial application last month on the 28th. Did my online assesment (interview) last wednesday and had email confirming that i have been succesful. Email was sent out on Tuesday.

I'm pressuming it'll be few good weeks before i hear anything now. Hopefully theres places available for Manchester Airport. If not reserve list it is.
Reply 44
Bizzarre how people are getting to online assessment stage and others haven’t even been told if they’ve passed first the first stage 😂😂
Original post by Sho0
Just my little input, I did my initial application last month on the 28th. Did my online assesment (interview) last wednesday and had email confirming that i have been succesful. Email was sent out on Tuesday.

I'm pressuming it'll be few good weeks before i hear anything now. Hopefully theres places available for Manchester Airport. If not reserve list it is.

I’m on a reserve list for Manchester from
February which is now due to run out. All the campaigns are a joke.
Reply 46
Original post by Runner1708

Was that SSCL run or Home Office run?
Original post by NOkw1
Was that SSCL run or Home Office run?

Home office but SSCL is just as bad
Reply 48

What happens when reserve list timr run out? do you have to go through another application or they place you on another 12 month reserve list?
Reply 49
Original post by Sho0
What happens when reserve list timr run out? do you have to go through another application or they place you on another 12 month reserve list?

You have to go through another application when they are open.

I’ve been on 3 reserve lists for the same location. And nothing
Original post by Sho0

Start the whole process again. I’ve been trying since 2018 and currently on two reserve lists for BF and been on 2 previously 😂
Reply 51
Start the whole process again. I’ve been trying since 2018 and currently on two reserve lists for BF and been on 2 previously 😂

I feel if you are on reserve you have to apply every time there’s a campaign!
Original post by calciocoffee
I was lucky enough to receive an invite to the online assessment centre, anyone else heard anything?

Ive done all assesments and written exams. Got invited to an invterview and passed it. Now just waiting for the rest of interviews to end so i can see if i am a top scorer to get an offer if i will be put into reserves
Reply 53
Original post by James9103
You have to go through another application when they are open.

I’ve been on 3 reserve lists for the same location. And nothing

This is the same for myself….Reserve lists end then 4 weeks later the advertised again 🤦*♀️
Reply 54
Did not know that you had to start the whole process again. And some of you guys been on the reserve list on few occasions.
At this rate i may aswell call it a day.!
Reply 55
Original post by Sho0
Did not know that you had to start the whole process again. And some of you guys been on the reserve list on few occasions.

It’s even better when your on a reserve list then half way through the 12 month period they start another recruitment drive 🤨
Like why when you already have folks waiting in the wings that have passed all the assessments and interviews!!!
Reply 56
Unless you got almost top marks, you don’t really have much of a chance, unless you have want Heathrow or Gatwick, they seem to take anyone.
Original post by Sho0

Try not to lose any hope, it’s demoralising seeing other people’s experiences in the process but I’ll certainly be remaining positive.
Reply 58
Original post by calciocoffee
Try not to lose any hope, it’s demoralising seeing other people’s experiences in the process but I’ll certainly be remaining positive.

Yea been reading up on here and it does not sound/looks good. Hopinh i don't go down that rabbit hole.
Original post by Sho0
Yea been reading up on here and it does not sound/looks good. Hopinh i don't go down that rabbit hole.

Like someone above has said unless it’s Heathrow or Gatwick you need top scores at interview to be offered a position. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending