The Student Room Group

Border Force National Campaign September 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Biffboy
How long does it take to hear back if you have past those ridiculous tests?
This is the second application were i have had to do them but heard back pretty quick!

I applied for a different job just to try the test but I failed!!!! Really couldn't get the hang of the expressions.
Reply 61
Original post by Stripe99
I applied for a different job just to try the test but I failed!!!! Really couldn't get the hang of the expressions.

They keep results on file for six months….. if you go for another role within that time they’ll use those results!
Reply 62
Original post by NOkw1
They keep results on file for six months….. if you go for another role within that time they’ll use those results!

I didn't realise that!
Got the application will be progressed onto the next stage email today after having the oac yesterday, so fingers crossed something will come out of it .🤞🏻
Reply 64
Original post by calciocoffee
Got the application will be progressed onto the next stage email today after having the oac yesterday, so fingers crossed something will come out of it .🤞🏻

Nice!

Which location did you apply for?
Reply 65
Original post by calciocoffee

Nice.

I got the same email last Tuesday. Not heard anything since.
I failed the written test, I thought it would be easy to pass 😬😬 not exactly sure what they were looking for...
Original post by Submarine94
I failed the written test, I thought it would be easy to pass 😬😬 not exactly sure what they were looking for...

It’s unfair really as it’s a completely different process to the civil service one. It should be the same it’s the same job
Reply 68
Original post by Submarine94

Don’t worry about it mate. I failed my written test the same week as my evidence file went to crown court for a very serious criminal offence, so my written work can’t be that bad 🤷🏻*♂️

I’d love to know what I failed on. I have asked for feedback, but no information is provided.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by NOkw1
Nice!

Which location did you apply for?

Thank you,

Glasgow/Edinburgh for me.
Reply 70
Anyone apply for Portsmouth and got through yet?
Reply 71
Duplicate deleted
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by James9103
Don’t worry about it mate. I failed my written test the same week as my evidence file went to crown court for a very serious criminal offence, so my written work can’t be that bad 🤷🏻*♂️

I’d love to know what I failed on. I have asked for feedback, but no information is provided.

Clowns 🤡
Original post by James9103

Haha that's bizarre! I've got two degrees and my previous job was a detective in the met so wrote reports all the time and then suddenly I failed this, what a slap in the face 😂😂 doubt they'd give us feedback, but I'd genuinely love to know what they were actually searching for because our writing skills are top notch!
Reply 74
Is it competency or strength based questions at the OAC?
Reply 75
Original post by Le1gh82
Is it competency or strength based questions at the OAC?

Strength I believe.
Reply 76
Still waiting for games results 😂
Reply 77
Original post by NOkw1
Still waiting for games results 😂

Results in - made it through to next stage!
Reply 78
Original post by NOkw1
Results in - made it through to next stage!

Same here about time 🧐
Reply 79
Just submitted my written test, anyone know how long it'll be before I get a response?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending