The Student Room Group

Did I deserve to nearly get into a fight with someone over something so petty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StriderHort

As much as this was a few weeks ago I got called back by the other new post :tongue:

Tbh being sensible, there is little such thing as 'ready' to take on an unpredictable fight in anger as it can all go so wrong so quickly, and I say that being a near unstoppable 6ft brawny well trained guy who's seen his share of things, it can just take that one bad punch/fall/vindictive blade or brick to the back - to turn a scrap into a sudden tragedy in a moment - I don't think any martial art or gym bro has an answer for what happens when someone bides there time and glasses you or shoves you into traffic. That applies to the gym guy too, as much as he's older/bigger, for all he knows you could be the type to not let things go and wait for when he finishes and isn't paying attention walking to his car...

The anytime/anywhere 'hard cases' I've known, well the problem is that's their life, they're scarred, fragile and lonely always looking over their shoulder for the next loony, it's not a state to aspire to imo.

Well said.
Original post by Clivierx
Hey guys idk if I'm the wrong or not but here we go...Today I was in the gym and went to get something from the water dispenser (I pay extra a month to get flavoured ones). However I noticed it wasn't working since like last week.So I look around for an employee and then I see someone and walk to him and explain the situation politely and respwctivley. I told him it was kind of unacceptable and was kinda disappointed for not receiving anything when u pay for it. He was really rude, condescending to me and said I was "moaning" about first world problems. After a few backs and forths he kept disrespecting me and had enough and left and muttered under my breath "shut the **** up".When I'm walking off he goes in front of me and gets loud and seems like he wants to fight me. He starts asking why I said that and told him he was being rude for no reason and I'm sorry if that offended you and told him to leave me alone. He kept going and saying if it wasn't for him being in the gym he would "know my glasses out of my face" etc.I'm 17 and this guy is like 32 and I think this was super unprofessional and stupid of him. Even his friends started to argue with me and saying I was wrong.I'm super sad right now because all my gym friends and school friends saw and asked me what happened. They told me to just firm it and ignore the guy but can't help to think why it happened. I genuinely didn't think that was gonna happen.

I'm not trying to take a swing at you here, as I am just going to give you advice for the future. I can see why he would of gotten slightly ****ed off, however, I don't think fighting someone half his age is acceptable at all. In future situations follow the following format: Polite, Nasty, Solicitor/Lawyer. For example, a company has just billed you double for a subscription for no reason. You would start off by making a nice message to customer service. If they are of no use, start to get nasty and get angry with them. And finally, if that doesn't work, threaten to get your solicitor/lawyer involved. This is just an example. Hope this helps! 😄
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by nerdykidddd
I'm not trying to take a swing at you here, as I am just going to give you advice for the future. I can see why he would of gotten slightly ****ed off, however, I don't think fighting someone half his age is acceptable at all. In future situations follow the following format: Polite, Nasty, Solicitor/Lawyer. For example, a company has just billed you double for a subscription for no reason. You would start off by making a nice message to customer service. If they are of no use, start to get nasty and get angry with them. And finally, if that doesn't work, threaten to get your solicitor/lawyer involved. This is just an example. Hope this helps! 😄

Bear in mind no one will take such a threat as 'I'll call my lawyer!' seriously from a 17 year old.
Original post by StriderHort
Bear in mind no one will take such a threat as 'I'll call my lawyer!' seriously from a 17 year old.

fairs, but I did say the advice was for the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending