The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Official University of Leeds Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #19
was wondering if anyone had an email from leeds uni and not just a ucas track/congratulations email? i got in for psych but my offer is a bit weird as i don’t take one of the subjects so am nervous about this being a mistaken identity thing. i don’t have an email from leeds itself, just ucas
On March 22nd I got an email from UCAS saying Leeds offered me a place. This morning (March 27th) I got an email with some more details and basically just a congratulations. Then this afternoon I got an email inviting me for an offer holder day and this evening I got another separate email with my official offer letter. Hope this helps a bit!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Anyone else here got offers for management with marketing?
Original post by Anonymous #18
On March 22nd I got an email from UCAS saying Leeds offered me a place. This morning (March 27th) I got an email with some more details and basically just a congratulations. Then this afternoon I got an email inviting me for an offer holder day and this evening I got another separate email with my official offer letter. Hope this helps a bit!

Just to clarify: the emails I mentioned I received after March 22nd have been from Leeds directly
Original post by student987637
Does anyone know - anecdotally - whether Leeds tends to dip on results day? Ie. if the offeris BBB and you were to get BBC would they take you? Would they take into accountwhether they are the firm/insurance choice? Home, non-contextual applicant

I think it mostly depends on the cohort. Like last year grade boundaries were much higher so overall less higher grades achieved so most unis lowered their offers slightly. I think if you firm Leeds it’s also more likely for slightly lower grades needed
Original post by millie202
I think it mostly depends on the cohort. Like last year grade boundaries were much higher so overall less higher grades achieved so most unis lowered their offers slightly. I think if you firm Leeds it’s also more likely for slightly lower grades needed
I appreciate you needed a higher % than other years to get higher grades last year, but with the exception of Covid / post Covid years you do know that for every year since the new alevel specification the top 8-9% were awarded an a, the next 18% were awarded an A and so on. So whilst the % needed may change the actual number of students awarded the top grades doesn’t change? Last year, whilst lower than Covid was actually slightly higher than pre Covid anyway with 10% being awarded an a). Note: these % are for maths alevel, but the same principle applies for all subjects
Reply 165
Original post by camilledalet
Do you know anyone with offers for BA business management with marketing?

Hi i’ve firmed Uni of Leeds for business management and marketing :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by mazzystar44
I applied last year but deferred so I’m starting Politics at Leeds in 2024! Good luck to everyone who’s applying for the first time, I didn’t receive my offer until April last year so don’t worry if you don’t hear back for a while

Hi, did you select to defer a year when you applied in 2022/23 or can you choose to defer when you get an offer?
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! @flowersinmyhair made a thread asking whether the campus environment influenced your uni choices, and @Scotland Yard wants to know your opinion on whether unis should ban meat from their menus! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Do you think universities should ban meat from their menus? - The Student Room
Did the campus environment influence your uni decision? - The Student Room

And if you want to get involved with more TSR Goes Green threads that may interest you, look no further: TSR Goes Green! Mk II - 2024 Hub thread - The Student Room
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Leeds for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:
Click here to join other university offer holder threads!

Hey I have applied for uni of Leeds to study business economics anyone here the same
has anyone else firmed leeds for digital media ? (:
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Leeds for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!! :smile:

Hi. Does anyone have an offer for Children’s Nursing this September?

Hii, anyone received an offer for Film, Photography and Media BA?
Has anyone had an offer for Japanese yet?
Original post by Mangolady

yes i have a few months ago
i just got an offer for MSc Clinical Embryology and ART this 2024! anyone else taking the same course?
Original post by Anonymous
yes i have a few months ago

Thanks for responding. I applied before Christmas but haven't heard anything yet, but have had offers from my four other choices. If you don't mind me asking was yours a conditional offer or have you already got your A Levels?
Thanks for responding. I applied before Christmas but haven't heard anything yet, but have had offers from my four other choices. If you don't mind me asking was yours a conditional offer or have you already got your A Levels?
conditional - AAB offer
what other unis have you applied to
Original post by Anonymous
conditional - AAB offer
what other unis have you applied to

SOAS, Manchester, Sheffield and York St John

i also applied before christmas - october i believe?? and heard back either just before or just after christmas!! my offer was conditional and the grades ABB - spanish and japanese :smile:
(edited 2 weeks ago)
hi guys, i went to the offer holder day for psych on wed and they said that for psych they took a while bc they wanted to collect all the applications and assess them more holistically after ucas deadline. smaller dept will prob take longer as there are less admissions staff and they go through everything. i’m assuming that’s prob the same reason for how long they take for other subjects. don’t worry, i’m sure you’ll get your offer soon. if u are rly desperate, u can always call leeds admissions or email ur subject specific admissions (just search it on google) asking for an estimate of replies. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest