The Student Room Group

Oxford University A-Level Resits

How much would resitting one of my A - Levels (for math) affect my application to Oxford? My reference said it was due to extenuating circumstances and has predicted me a A* this time around. I have all the other scores needed
*Applying for Earth Sciences
Are you planning a gap year after you resit? The deadline to apply to Oxford for 2024 entry has already passed
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you planning a gap year after you resit? The deadline to apply to Oxford for 2024 entry has already passed

I’m currently on the gap year right now. I already applied but I’d like to know if I should be preparing for an interview or not to get my hopes up. I applied for a course with a very high interview rate (~90%) and I was hoping my published research paper + some other research related things and internships could get me there if my scores do not
While the extra activities will likely count towards your application, the offer is made on exam grades. Generally they will look more favourably on candidates who took all their A' levels in the same year. As you point out hardly anyone applies to Oxford Earth Sciences these days, probably because they're too aligned to 'big oil', and you stand a good chance of being interviewed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending