The Student Room Group

changing sixth forms?

im not sure if i should change sixth form
(edited 1 month ago)
i dont know these schools but im in year 11 and am deciding between 2 sixth forms - one closer and one farther. what i did to decide is ask people who have gone to these places or are planning to go to these places. then definitely attend the open days and evenings that they have. ask your teachers what they think is better. write a pros and cons list, considering stuff like transport fees, friends, enrichments, achieved grades, classroom sizes, etc.
if all these schools all seem to be at the same level, then go to the schools and check out the school feel. u might find that one has a better atmosphere for you because its smaller or bigger or has people that are the same intelligence level for you. if youre picking science subjects you might want to go to a school with smarter people, but if youre picking a humanities or english subject you want to be in a bigger classroom thats diverse to hear lots of different opinions and experiences

hope this helps
Original post by okokoko
thank youu but unfortunately ive missed the date for the open evenings and have no people i know attending there:frown:( + my teachers are unfortunately extremely biased

check online and youtube for virual tours, plus im pretty sure you can just book tours with u and ur family and a teacher to take you around. dw about having no people to talk to, just ask teachers from those schools for their stats and what they offer. you can normally get enough info from that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending