The Student Room Group

Cant get a job

I need a part time job and I apply on indeed and to supermarkets but I'm unsuccessful. I have experience in being a sales assistant volunteer at BHF. Does anyone have advice for me? Thanks.
Original post by growpxx
I need a part time job and I apply on indeed and to supermarkets but I'm unsuccessful. I have experience in being a sales assistant volunteer at BHF. Does anyone have advice for me? Thanks.

Hi @growpxx

I am sorry to hear you have been unsuccessful so far.

It is great to hear that you volunteer your time at BHF, that is very commendable!

I struggled during my first year at uni to find a part-time job, especially one related to my degree in any way.
What I did, which helped me, was set up a LinkedIn profile and put some time into making it as detailed as possible. Then I made sure to be active and check it consistently.

It is also a great platform to browse through different jobs in your area. You may or may not already have one set up but if you don't I would strongly encourage you to give that a go.

Wishing you all the best!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @growpxx

It is great to hear that you volunteer your time at BHF, that is very commendable!

I struggled during my first year at uni to find a part-time job, especially one related to my degree in any way.
What I did, which helped me, was set up a LinkedIn profile and put some time into making it as detailed as possible. Then I made sure to be active and check it consistently.

It is also a great platform to browse through different jobs in your area. You may or may not already have one set up but if you don't I would strongly encourage you to give that a go.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

really good advice Anastasia, linkedin is super useful for networking with recruiters and helped me connect with a few to help improve my options/chances.

I'd also recommend checking other places in your local area for work, such as restaurants and cafes for pt work. Your experience from volunteering should help you here too. Best of luck
Original post by growpxx

At what stage are you not getting a job? Are you getting interviews? If you aren’t getting interviews you may need to edit your CV. If you are getting interviews ask for feedback as to why you didn’t get the job.
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @growpxx

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

thank you
Original post by flamingolover
At what stage are you not getting a job? Are you getting interviews? If you aren’t getting interviews you may need to edit your CV. If you are getting interviews ask for feedback as to why you didn’t get the job.

thank you
Original post by growpxx

be brave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending