The Student Room Group

UCL (University College London) Postgraduate Applicants 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ayusamb
All the very best!
By 12:00 AM UK time, you'll get your decision. I also got this at my portal and then it was an offer in the morning

Congratulations ayusamb!! Can you please share your profile. I applied for CSML in Nov 3rd, still not received any decision. Did you received decision on CSML?
Anyone still waiting for response from MSc clinical neuroscience? I applied in December and still waiting :frown:
do you mind me asking what your undergrad grades were?
Original post by Ram Ridhan
Congratulations ayusamb!! Can you please share your profile. I applied for CSML in Nov 3rd, still not received any decision. Did you received decision on CSML?

Thanks!
Nope, I haven't received a decision from CSML yet. (Actually the uni is closed till 4th for Springer break. I don't think so you will get a decision this or next week, it's sad ik :/)
I am an international student, final year student majoring in Mathematics with 9.74/10 (cumulative of 4 sems) or 92.5%.
Has anyone applied for MSc Physics and got an offer?
It has been 5 weeks and my portico is still showing under assessment!
Original post by sahil3.14
Has anyone applied for MSc Physics and got an offer?
It has been 5 weeks and my portico is still showing under assessment!

5 weeks is only a fraction of how long some have been waiting!
Original post by WannabeAPhD
5 weeks is only a fraction of how long some have been waiting!

I have waited for 6 months. Applied last October haha. 2 weeks ago, the faculty emailed me to apologise for the delay due to some unforeseen circumstances on their end. I suspect it could be labour strikes. Now they are processing it. Am still waiting
Original post by lahsarah
I have waited for 6 months. Applied last October haha. 2 weeks ago, the faculty emailed me to apologise for the delay due to some unforeseen circumstances on their end. I suspect it could be labour strikes. Now they are processing it. Am still waiting

Which department?
Original post by sahil3.14
Which department?

MA Education
Hi everyone! Just confirming that UCL will be sending our CAS numbers this coming June and onwards? Or is there a way we can request for it earlier if we’re unconditional offer holders already?
Hi. I graduated from Newcastle University with a bachelor's with honours degree in mechanical engineering last year. Overall, I got a 2:2 but if you put the marks I got for all the electrical modules together, I scored a 2:1. So I am thinking about returning to university for a postgraduate course in the electronic and electrical engineering department at UCL. They ask for a 2:1 but I still want to go for it but I want to make the perfect personal statement. Any advice about the structure of it? Thanks.
Original post by NeverGivingUp
Hi. I graduated from Newcastle University with a bachelor's with honours degree in mechanical engineering last year. Overall, I got a 2:2 but if you put the marks I got for all the electrical modules together, I scored a 2:1. So I am thinking about returning to university for a postgraduate course in the electronic and electrical engineering department at UCL. They ask for a 2:1 but I still want to go for it but I want to make the perfect personal statement. Any advice about the structure of it? Thanks.

not to be blunt but they do state that their entry requirements are very harsh, i'd say speak to someone at admissions before applying
i got the "no reply for the next two weeks email" ...
Original post by ughughughugh
i got the "no reply for the next two weeks email" ...

Hey for the HCI MSc right? When did you apply? I saw that a few people got the email in March so I’m thinking it’s sent out automatically after X months of waiting😅
ucl reopens today.. hopefully we can get any kind of response soon
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by obscursion
Hey for the HCI MSc right? When did you apply? I saw that a few people got the email in March so I’m thinking it’s sent out automatically after X months of waiting😅

yep and i applied around feb 15 so it's been like 7 weeks? yeah i'm pretty sure it's automated
Original post by ughughughugh
not to be blunt but they do state that their entry requirements are very harsh, i'd say speak to someone at admissions before applying

Yeah, I just contacted the postgraduate admission. They said go for it but told me to also contact the electronic engineering department. I contacted the tutor for the course I am interested in. He thinks it's unlikely but still said I can still apply. You know what, I'm still going for it - especially since I have some experience with management which is beneficial for the course I am interested in - 'Telecommunications with Business'. If they say no, it is what it is? So again, any advice about the structure to make the perfect personal statement please?
Original post by amxxsisnw
ucl reopens today.. hopefully we can get any kind of response soon

You faced the same situation as me? I waited for 6 months already haha. And they emailed me saying sorry they have some issues with the admissions team.
Original post by NeverGivingUp
Yeah, I just contacted the postgraduate admission. They said go for it but told me to also contact the electronic engineering department. I contacted the tutor for the course I am interested in. He thinks it's unlikely but still said I can still apply. You know what, I'm still going for it - especially since I have some experience with management which is beneficial for the course I am interested in - 'Telecommunications with Business'. If they say no, it is what it is? So again, any advice about the structure to make the perfect personal statement please?

That's awesome bro!
Read your concern, really like your optimism 😄
All the best!💯
Original post by lahsarah
You faced the same situation as me? I waited for 6 months already haha. And they emailed me saying sorry they have some issues with the admissions team.

this waiting is killing me…😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending