The Student Room Group

UCL (University College London) Postgraduate Applicants 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by develbiostudent
Hey! I’ve just been offered a masters place for the coming year - very excited! I’m starting to gently think about where to live and was wondering if there are any Facebook groups etc as I would love to live with other students!

Hey, congratulations!
I assume it must be some Bio course. I wanted to know like when did you apply?
I have been waiting since early nov :frown:
(Not a bio related to course though)
Applied for Msc Machine Learning on 1st Dec and my application is still under assessment.
Reply 42
Original post by 1000xLight
Applied for Msc Machine Learning on 1st Dec and my application is still under assessment.

Hey!
I have applied for the similar-ish course (CSML and DSML). Still under assessment (applied on 5th Nov, I think). Did you receive any mail regarding "will take more than 2 weeks"?

Plus any other places you have applied to? All the best! :smile:
Original post by ayusamb
Hey!
I have applied for the similar-ish course (CSML and DSML). Still under assessment (applied on 5th Nov, I think). Did you receive any mail regarding "will take more than 2 weeks"?

No, I didn't recieve any such mail. What about you?
I applied to Imperial College for Computing(AI+ML). No response from there side too. Did you apply to any other colleges?
Reply 44
No, I didn't recieve any such mail. What about you?
I applied to Imperial College for Computing(AI+ML). No response from there side too. Did you apply to any other colleges?

Hey, I have DMed you. Please check. We can discuss there :smile:!
Reply 45

Hey! I've applied to same dept. for MSc Software Systems Engineering on 1st Dec (completed with all references) and my application is still under assessment.
Reply 46
Original post by ayusamb
Hey!

I saw somewhere else that CSML DSML give out offers around March and April
Reply 47
Did anyone receive a mail titled that application on hold for stage 4? I received in last 2 weeks and I nervous about my results right now.
Reply 48
Anyone else apply for Archives and Records Management? :smile:
Reply 49
hello all!! just received an offer for an MA in Media Studies! I’m an international student and I applied to Oxford and Edinburgh as well. I also received an offer from Oxford, so I’m waiting for Edinburgh so I can weight my options! Good luck everyone!!
Reply 50
Original post by AylaKJ
Has anyone else started getting responses?

I applied to MA Linguistics on October 16th, my references were submitted October 26th. On December 18th, I received an email about a two week delay (presumably for Christmas closures). My status has been 'Application Under Assessment' for months lol.

UPDATE:

Contacted UCL on January 18th since it’d been 12 weeks since my references were submitted, then yesterday (23rd January) at about 5pm I received a response saying I would receive an offer within the next few days, and my applicant status was updated around the same time to ‘Currently being processed by admissions’.

Woke up this morning (24th Jan) to an email sent at like 1:30am that my application had been updated. Can now say I have an unconditional offer for MA Linguistics!

(For context I graduated BA Archaeology at UCL with a 2:1 in 2022 and have done a couple linguistics short courses on coursera and futurelearn since)
Reply 51
Original post by AylaKJ
UPDATE:

Contacted UCL on January 18th since it’d been 12 weeks since my references were submitted, then yesterday (23rd January) at about 5pm I received a response saying I would receive an offer within the next few days, and my applicant status was updated around the same time to ‘Currently being processed by admissions’.

Woke up this morning (24th Jan) to an email sent at like 1:30am that my application had been updated. Can now say I have an unconditional offer for MA Linguistics!

(For context I graduated BA Archaeology at UCL with a 2:1 in 2022 and have done a couple linguistics short courses on coursera and futurelearn since)

Congrats! That's amazing! Shocking how long they took to make the offer though. I'm still waiting to hear back from my early November application and I've lost hope lol
Hello everyone! I have applied for the MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences course. Anyone here who has applied or received a response? I submitted my application on 24th Nov 2023, and so it has hit the 8-week mark 😕 haven't heard from them yet.
Original post by rl.asp
Congrats! That's amazing! Shocking how long they took to make the offer though. I'm still waiting to hear back from my early November application and I've lost hope lol

me too - applied early November and still awaiting a response...
Reply 54
Original post by Student28283
me too - applied early November and still awaiting a response...

Do you mind sharing which masters or department this is with?
Original post by rl.asp
Do you mind sharing which masters or department this is with?

its with the CS department
Reply 56

Aha I see! I hope you get an offer soon! Still waiting here too but with the polsci department
Original post by rl.asp
Aha I see! I hope you get an offer soon! Still waiting here too but with the polsci department

Ahhh ok, best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 58

Which course btw? I have applied to the CS dept too
Reply 59
Original post by amxxsisnw
I saw somewhere else that CSML DSML give out offers around March and April

Ohhh damn that's late! :frown:
Have you applied for this course as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending