The Student Room Group

UCL (University College London) Postgraduate Applicants 2024-25

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ayusamb
Which course btw? I have applied to the CS dept too

AI for biomedicine and healthcare
Original post by amxxsisnw
I saw somewhere else that CSML DSML give out offers around March and April

Where did you see that may I ask? - isnt that super late with accommodation applications for other unis opening Mar 1
Reply 62
Original post by Student28283
AI for biomedicine and healthcare

Ohhh, awesome!
All the best! I have applied for CSML and DSML.
Reply 63
Original post by ayusamb
Ohhh damn that's late! :frown:
Have you applied for this course as well?

yeah CSML and DSML :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Student28283
Where did you see that may I ask? - isnt that super late with accommodation applications for other unis opening Mar 1

Its not official I just searched previous posts here and gathered my own data haha
Reply 65
Is anyone applying for Global health & development?
Reply 66
Received an offer for Data Science MSc earlier today. Anybody else applied for this course?
Reply 67
Original post by Joe654
Received an offer for Data Science MSc earlier today. Anybody else applied for this course?

Forgot to tag. Congratulations!! When did you apply? I applied for the CSML and DSML courses in Nov, no response yet :frown:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by ayusamb
Forgot to tag. Congratulations!! When did you apply? I applied for the CSML and DSML courses in Nov, no response yet :frown:

Same here. I applied for MSc CSML in Nov. Still no response yet. Do you have any idea on hearing back from them?
Reply 69
Original post by ayusamb

Thanks 🙂 , My application was fully submitted on the 5th of November, so quite early. Hopefully you hear back soon
I have received following mail saying that: We are delighted that you have applied for MSc Machine Learning at UCL.
We wanted to get in touch to confirm that we are still considering your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks. We are very sorry about this as we know that waiting for a university decision can be an anxious time. It is usual for some applicants to receive decisions before others. Delays in considering your application doesn't mean that your application will be unsuccessful.

I'm an international student from India, and I applied back in December 2023. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on this mail whether this might mean I've been placed on a waiting list?
Reply 71
Original post by Ram Ridhan
Same here. I applied for MSc CSML in Nov. Still no response yet. Do you have any idea on hearing back from them?

That's sad ikr ☹️ I think maybe in March or April
Reply 72
Original post by Joe654
Thanks 🙂 , My application was fully submitted on the 5th of November, so quite early. Hopefully you hear back soon

Bro, apparently I also fully submitted my application on the 5th of Nov, lmao 😂
Thank You!
Reply 73
Original post by kesavnagendra
I have received following mail saying that: We are delighted that you have applied for MSc Machine Learning at UCL.
We wanted to get in touch to confirm that we are still considering your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks. We are very sorry about this as we know that waiting for a university decision can be an anxious time. It is usual for some applicants to receive decisions before others. Delays in considering your application doesn't mean that your application will be unsuccessful.

I'm an international student from India, and I applied back in December 2023. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on this mail whether this might mean I've been placed on a waiting list?

Hey,
I received this same email at the beginning of January for the DSML and CSML courses. This is a system-generated email. Plus this is such a useless email like what are we supposed to do with this info? What are we supposed to do if we do not get a decision in the next 2 weeks, after these 2 weeks they may take a month who knows! (my 2 weeks ended on the 19th of Jan, no update since then and they have even said not to mail the team for an update since it slows down the process)☹️ Disappointed to be honest

Anyway, I am also from India btw, nice to meet you!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 74
Original post by ayusamb
Hey,
I received this same email at the beginning of January for the DSML and CSML courses. This is a system-generated email. Plus this is such a useless email like what are we supposed to do with this info? What are we supposed to do if we do not get a decision in the next 2 weeks, after these 2 weeks they may take a month who knows! (my 2 weeks ended on the 19th of Jan, no update since then and they have even said not to mail the team for an update since it slows down the process)☹️ Disappointed to be honest

Anyway, I am also from India btw, nice to meet you!

i didnt even receive this email
i applied a bit late tho
around end of december and early january
Reply 75
Original post by amxxsisnw
i didnt even receive this email
i applied a bit late tho
around end of december and early january

You may receive it a bit later as you applied a bit late. Though it's of no use at all :frown:
Reply 76
Its an automatic email after exactly 8 weeks i think bc they try to give feedback within 10 weeks.

MSc Statistics applicant here, applied early december, also didn't hear back so far.
anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by ayusamb
That's sad ikr ☹️ I think maybe in March or April

this is so much slower than other unis
Hi guys, I am hoping to connect with anyone applying for the same course as I know it's quite rare. Anyone else applying for MA Russia and Post-Soviet Politics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending