The Student Room Group

What to do?

Hi guys,

So I was in a relationship with a guy for 3 years, however due to external factors- we didn't want it to end but we had no choice given the situation, he broke up with me although he didn't want to and neither did I.

Since then, he has been trying to move on and forget me by seeing other people. After one month of no contact, I received a message from him saying that he finds it very difficult to not think of me and that he tried everything to make himself forget me but he can't.

What should I do? Should I reply to him or just leave it? I would like to get back with him as I still haven't forgotten him either and still think of him. I hope he can find someone else and find happiness.
Sometimes you like and care for someone so much but you can't be together in the end because of certain circumstances.

It's been 2 months now since we broke up and since then, I haven't even thought about seeing someone new or being in a new relationship, simply because I'm not the kind of person to jump into something unless I take the time to know the person.
Reply 1
If you want to get back with him, why not sort out the situation so that you can? Three years is a long time to be together to then decide it won't work out.
You need to elaborate on these mysterious 'circumstances' that do not allow you to be together.

I am generally an advocate of openness and honesty. If you both know that you still like each other, then you should just tell each other this.

If someone else has a problem with it for some reason (I'm guessing), then they should stuff it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending