The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Law/LLB sending an email to me

Hi guys! I have just received an email from Durham Admmissions(Law) saying that because they cannot give all their offers before the ddl(which is in January), it may take them a little longer to consider me.
What does it mean? Is everyone receiving that? Is there anything I should worry about?
Original post by tracyyyyy
Hi guys! I have just received an email from Durham Admmissions(Law) saying that because they cannot give all their offers before the ddl(which is in January), it may take them a little longer to consider me.
What does it mean? Is everyone receiving that? Is there anything I should worry about?

Based on things I have seen on other threads seems like quite a few people are getting these. I applied two years ago and for the past two years they have been known for offering later
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Based on things I have seen on other threads seems like quite a few people are getting these. I applied two years ago and for the past two years they have been known for offering later

thank you so much! I hope this is not a negative signal
Reply 3

I received the same on the 15th. I thought it was like an automated message. I hope it’s not personal. Today I received ,Happy holidays’ and information about when they are going to be closed.

Original post by MariaD2005
I received the same on the 15th. I thought it was like an automated message. I hope it’s not personal. Today I received ,Happy holidays’ and information about when they are going to be closed.

They have until May to make a decision on your application. The email is just a courtesy to tell you that you won't be hearing back before the end of Jan, (which is not a deadline for them, it's the equal consideration deadline for applicants).

It's absolutely nothing to worry about. They're just setting your expectations as to when you might hear back.
Original post by Admit-One
They have until May to make a decision on your application. The email is just a courtesy to tell you that you won't be hearing back before the end of Jan, (which is not a deadline for them, it's the equal consideration deadline for applicants).

It's absolutely nothing to worry about. They're just setting your expectations as to when you might hear back.

I read that they tend to send offers to international applicants before the end of January so I really hope that I hear back before the deadline :/

Quick Reply

Latest