The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff university- Journalism

Hello! I received an offer from Cardiff with a BBB for politics, communications and journalism, it was originally my first choice and was obsessed with going there until I went and realised it was a non-vocational course which off put me , but I am still interested and want to learn the benefits of doing this course rather than going somewhere that offers vocational courses
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello! I received an offer from Cardiff with a BBB for politics, communications and journalism, it was originally my first choice and was obsessed with going there until I went and realised it was a non-vocational course which off put me , but I am still interested and want to learn the benefits of doing this course rather than going somewhere that offers vocational courses

Hi there,

I'd recommend visiting in person during an open day or contacting the university here to ask your question for a detailed answer. I can say that you can attend Cardiff while gaining experience. This can range from applying to the 'politics in practice' placement semester in the third year to applying to the mentoring programme through the university to being matched with someone relevant to your specific field, getting work experience through the university work experience service or finding it yourself. There are many options. In addition, you can study at a Russell group university, with some of your classes in the journalism building, next to the BBC building in Cardiff Central. I wouldn't let experience stop you, though it's important to do your research.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending