The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2024 MSc African Studies Applicants

Welcome for anyone applied/is applying for MSc African Studies 2024-25 entry! Please feel free to make connections here, as well as share your results and stories.
does anyone have news back?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Anonymous #1
does anyone have news back?

not yet. what abt u
Has anybody heard anything? Oxford just sent me nothing except an applicant survey and I'm freaking out
Original post by Anonymous #2
Has anybody heard anything? Oxford just sent me nothing except an applicant survey and I'm freaking out

Didn’t even receive the survey email and my button is gone for more than a week. Did they forget me???
Original post by Anonymous #2

hello r u applied for African studies?
got offer a few weeks ago
Has anyone heard back from the January deadline?
Original post by Anonymous #1
got offer a few weeks ago

did u apply for early decisions in November?
I applied in January and haven't heard back. I am honestly not sure how high my chances are. I grew up moving around West Africa so have some background, but as I am studying biochemistry for my undergrad that already puts me at a disadvantage. My pitch essentially was that I want to study the history of medicine in Madagascar - looking particularly at traditional healers and their influence on how Malagasy women understand reproductive health. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping they like the STEM/anthropology perspective. I guess I'll find out (hopefully) next week.
Original post by Anonymous #5
I applied in January and haven't heard back. I am honestly not sure how high my chances are. I grew up moving around West Africa so have some background, but as I am studying biochemistry for my undergrad that already puts me at a disadvantage. My pitch essentially was that I want to study the history of medicine in Madagascar - looking particularly at traditional healers and their influence on how Malagasy women understand reproductive health. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping they like the STEM/anthropology perspective. I guess I'll find out (hopefully) next week.

I also haven't heard back yet! fingers crossed we hear soon.
Just received an offer.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #4
Just received an offer.
SAME! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending