The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship online assessments are bad

I am applying to apprenticeships as even though I have 5 years of industry experience in development, I want to be a project manager now and I can't afford to take a certification to be qualified AND there are literally zero junior jobs that can take on someone who is somewhat experienced in this area. So yeah I'm not 18 and fresh out of 6th form/college.

I used to work for a big telecomms company and I ended up doing their assessment... guess what? I failed it apparently. I mean how can I failk because I spent 5 years there, right? WRONG/

They make these assessments so they can easily sift through as many applicants as they want just based on this stupid personality quiz! It's like they give statements that you can either NOT relate to at all or relate to all of them but you have to choose 2 - which 2 should you choose? Well they say it's up to you but actually that catches you out. Although you don't really know how to surpass the test and actually get accepted to a proper interview.

Oh I miss the old 2016 assessments where you literally just have to answer some WRITTEN questions and you'd hear back from an actual human in a few days.

I am very disappointed in the way people are being chosen for these early careers schemes. Especially for someone like me who literally has industry experience but apparently I don't have the right personality for the company that I actually used to work for!!!! Doesn't make sense right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending