The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE anthropology and law 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #3
I believe for Law and Anthropology no one has heard back, but I have heard people from other courses getting rejected which is terrifying. I don't know if any offers have been sent out yet, only heard rejections

There have been offers for other courses but not for anthropology and law. I didnt hear about anything for anthropology and law yet. I really hope they will start looking very soon.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
do you guys think they will give out offers/rejections during the easter break?
Original post by lunaaaaaaaa12345
do you guys think they will give out offers/rejections during the easter break?

I really don’t know, this whole thing is stressing me out. It’s kind of weird, I’m not gonna lie because I went on the spreadsheet and I started looking at when people got offers last year, and it seems that they started giving them out in March so I’m wondering why they haven’t started yet?? But anyway, let’s hope for the best! How many offers do you think they’re going to be giving out because on the admissions report.com page the information is outdated. I know that this course is very competitive and there is very very limited amount of places but how many offers are exactly gonna be given out?
Original post by Nouniorndnd
I really don’t know, this whole thing is stressing me out. It’s kind of weird, I’m not gonna lie because I went on the spreadsheet and I started looking at when people got offers last year, and it seems that they started giving them out in March so I’m wondering why they haven’t started yet?? But anyway, let’s hope for the best! How many offers do you think they’re going to be giving out because on the admissions report.com page the information is outdated. I know that this course is very competitive and there is very very limited amount of places but how many offers are exactly gonna be given out?

Thats what i was thinking. Last year they started in march im really stressing out. I think they will give around 30 offers, of which some people might not go because they might choose a different uni/ might not meet the grade requirments. So i think there would be around 25 enrollments. I think it depends on how many anthropology offers and how many law offers they give as well. Do you mind me asking what you wrote about in your personal statement. Just very broadly what topics did you touch upon?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thats what i was thinking. Last year they started in march im really stressing out. I think they will give around 30 offers, of which some people might not go because they might choose a different uni/ might not meet the grade requirments. So i think there would be around 25 enrollments. I think it depends on how many anthropology offers and how many law offers they give as well. Do you mind me asking what you wrote about in your personal statement. Just very broadly what topics did you touch upon?

Ahh really I hope 30 offers ! but a friend of mine who got in for the course last year told me there were only 16 places. Again I think this info might be outdated 😬. For my p.s I wrote about culture, society religion and also a glimpse about legal anthropology when applied to a case about legal pluralism. What about you ?
Ahh really I hope 30 offers ! but a friend of mine who got in for the course last year told me there were only 16 places. Again I think this info might be outdated 😬. For my p.s I wrote about culture, society religion and also a glimpse about legal anthropology when applied to a case about legal pluralism. What about you ?

That's very scary ☹️ why do they give a very small amount of offers i don't really understand :frown:(( Your personal statement sounds amazing, what other courses did you apply to? I spoke a bit about anthropology in my subjects paragraph linking sociology and history but it was mostly about and how laws change and i dont know if that links to anthropology. and i spoke a bit about it in one lecture i joined linking to moral philosophy, again i dont know if this links to anthropology.
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
Hi has anyone applied to anthropology and law at LSE 2024? Has anyone heard back yet?

LSE does take time to get back to you. LSE gave me an offer in May whereas my other 4 already gave me offers within the first 2 weeks of February. It's now just the waiting game, don't worry!
(for context, I applied last cycle, so I'm currently a first year studying Anthro and law at LSE xx)
Reply 27
Original post by GHM_T07
LSE does take time to get back to you. LSE gave me an offer in May whereas my other 4 already gave me offers within the first 2 weeks of February. It's now just the waiting game, don't worry!
(for context, I applied last cycle, so I'm currently a first year studying Anthro and law at LSE xx)

Hi,

What’s it like studying the course. just as there is not much information online ☺️☺️☺️
Reply 28
Original post by badb789
Hi,
What’s it like studying the course. just as there is not much information online ☺️☺️☺️

There are only a small number of people doing anthro and law (for me there are only 20 of us) so there was a greater sense of relatability from the jump. However we aren’t explicitly together unless we are in bridging seminars specifically for anthro and law. Usually if it’s a law lecture/class we are with the whole law cohort; if it’s anthropology, we’re with the anthropology cohort so it’s never just the 20 of us on our own.
This has its positives as you’re able to naturally meet more people, you’re allowed to attend both departments’ events, and you have access to both common rooms with your card.
However, sometimes I feel forgotten by both departments.
For example, at the beginning of the year, the law department forgot to schedule us for some of the classes so we had to organise that ourselves. (However we raised that issue and it should be sorted for the next year😊) And because we’re only in each department for half the time, it felt like I was part of neither, but I quickly got over that because there are many opportunities to get involved in both that’s now people don’t even realise.

I feel like I’ve been talking for too long so I’ll stop here😂 but please lmk if you’ve got any other questions, I’ll be glad to answer!!

Follow me on insta as you have a greater chance of getting me there- 7ochiiii
Reply 29
Original post by GHM_T07
There are only a small number of people doing anthro and law (for me there are only 20 of us) so there was a greater sense of relatability from the jump. However we aren’t explicitly together unless we are in bridging seminars specifically for anthro and law. Usually if it’s a law lecture/class we are with the whole law cohort; if it’s anthropology, we’re with the anthropology cohort so it’s never just the 20 of us on our own.
This has its positives as you’re able to naturally meet more people, you’re allowed to attend both departments’ events, and you have access to both common rooms with your card.
For example, at the beginning of the year, the law department forgot to schedule us for some of the classes so we had to organise that ourselves. (However we raised that issue and it should be sorted for the next year😊) And because we’re only in each department for half the time, it felt like I was part of neither, but I quickly got over that because there are many opportunities to get involved in both that’s now people don’t even realise.
I feel like I’ve been talking for too long so I’ll stop here😂 but please lmk if you’ve got any other questions, I’ll be glad to answer!!

hii! im an international student and I also applied for lse law and anthropology ( havent been given an offer tho), and I got an offer from Edinburgh for LLB Law (Hons) w Social anthropology. If you have any advice on which course you'd suggest for me that would be fantastic. Perhaps like some of the benefits of a small class or of a BA over an LLB? Or just your experience at LSE and living in London in general?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by GHM_T07

Ahhh thanks that’s super helpful. Also is it mostly social anthro or is there also some bio anthropology ? And if your intrest is in a law career do you think it might disadvantag or advantage you to have anthro as part of your degree ??
Reply 31
Original post by GHM_T07

Thank you so much this was really helpful.

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
Do you guys think we might get offers this coming week? When do you think the first offers might be coming out?
Reply 33
Do you guys think we might get offers this coming week? When do you think the first offers might be coming out?

I HOPE SO. im sick of waiting
Original post by ray565
I HOPE SO. im sick of waiting

How many people have applied aprox ?
How many people have applied aprox ?

I wish i knew, im guessing around 350?
Hi has anyone applied to anthropology and law at LSE 2024? Has anyone heard back yet?

Do you know if anyone has been rejected?
Do you know if anyone has been rejected?

No i haven't. I dont think they even gave out the first decisions
which other unis/courses did you apply to?
Do you guys think they are processing applications or would they start after the law and anthropology ones are complete? This wait is the worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending