The Student Room Group

Predict your A Level Grades (yr 12 students)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tatakae L
Belive it or not, with solid revision they arent that bad, its just do I sit down for solid revision, not really, but I have started so yeah. France seems like a scary place to go school, they make you take all of them for a levels and then they dont let you drop maths either, that too much for me, but props to you

i suck at revising, mostly i js remember whatever im interested in and thats enough, but then all the different essay structures.. learning those is a pain. i js cant sit down for more than a few minutes and focus, idk, do u have any tips? the french system is horrible yh, i have 37h of lessons a week plus a ton of homework,, idk how ill sustain this for the next 2 years but ill damn well try
Reply 21
Original post by chance vibesn't
i suck at revising, mostly i js remember whatever im interested in and thats enough, but then all the different essay structures.. learning those is a pain. i js cant sit down for more than a few minutes and focus, idk, do u have any tips? the french system is horrible yh, i have 37h of lessons a week plus a ton of homework,, idk how ill sustain this for the next 2 years but ill damn well try

I know this seems a bit obnoxious of me but i just i have to say, your english is so good😭😭. like probs better than mine at this point and im born in this hell hole. also for revision tips i may be your worst person on advise but i can give you the stuff i do when i do revise.

Mindmaps at the begginging of my revision session as a way of blurting everything i remember about that topic out.

past papers and then the questions that i dont understantd, instead of giving up on them i go through a yt vid that does a walkthrough on that same exam.

this might be one of the worst things you can do because its time wasting, but i find rewriting my notes again and again help it stick into my head as though im writing it in.

also i make notes of the text book and then i go and watch a video on that same topic and the extra notes ive found from the video i add on postick notes before sticking them in my notebook.

for more ideas you can check out peoples grow your grades.

but yh theres so mujch more but these are some of the ones that I follow and be sure to check them out, they also motivate you to get a grip, like they do me, becuase you see everyone be productive so you want to be productive too.

Lots of love
Tatakae L<3
Reply 22

Thanks for the tag @Tatakae L , just wanted to add, your lifesavers are blurting and past papers. That's because they are active recall, so you don't just memorise the info you actually test how much you know. Then when you're done look at mark schemes and notes and add in a green pen what you didn't get. Flashcards also help a lot of people. I'd suggest trying out a few methods (note taking, watching videos, posters etc.) to find out what type of learner you are.

Also to make things fun you can make quizzes on blooket where it's basically a game but how many questions you do right counts as points and money for the scenarios.

The tips mentioned are great already so I'd just focus on the areas you struggle with, especially since your timetable sounds horrible bless you! Try and do 30 mins every night of revision to try and make it manageable. If you have any more questions let me know x
Reply 23

thank you for the tag @Tatakae L 🤍
to actually enjoy revising most of the time once i set the mood, and for me, this is just listening to a nice lofi playlist (there's lots of these on youtube!) and writing a to-do list of things i want to complete by the end of my revision session/day. everyone revises differently, but i think being organised and having a tidy desk area really helps me focus and stay motivated to revise.
tips for revising in general that i do:

for science --> i first watch videos online to help understand the concepts, and take any necessary notes on the videos. sometimes i take notes on everything in the video, but i feel like it can be a waste of time sometimes. i then go on to do online flashcards, and i only ever make my own handwritten flashcards if it's a really important concept or 6-marker for example, otherwise online flashcards save a lot of time. after, practice questions are a must, since they help you understand specific exam-style questions and helps consolidate your knowledge really well. i don't do this often, but like what @Tatakae L and @study23! said, blurting is actually really helpful, and you can do this at the start of your revision session, or at the end, to see how much you've remembered and focus on areas which you're forgetting.

for english --> i'm not the best at english but revising for english mainly consists of doing lots of practice essays to help develop your essay structures. flashcards are really useful for remembering different quotes

for maths --> i first watch videos for maths and then do A LOT of practice questions, since the only way to get better at maths is to practice and practice

after writing this, i just realised there was no point giving subject specific advice since i don't know what a levels you take... i'm a gcse student so i sort of got used to giving gcse subject advice sorry 😭
but these revision tips, especially for science, can be applied to most other subjects either way. i mainly repeated what the previous posts said, but this is how i personally structure my revision and the order of it. hope this helps!! 🤍
Reply 24
Lets all predict our Alevel grades, and then come back for results day in 2025 to see what we got. Heres to being optimistic

chemistry- A
Biology-B
Psychology- A*

im so scared.

omg i should do one of these for my gcse predictions instead
Reply 25
Original post by milktee
omg i should do one of these for my gcse predictions instead

yess you should, i think theys be soo good per year to just have the year get togeather in what they think theyre gonna get
I know this seems a bit obnoxious of me but i just i have to say, your english is so good😭😭. like probs better than mine at this point and im born in this hell hole. also for revision tips i may be your worst person on advise but i can give you the stuff i do when i do revise.

Mindmaps at the begginging of my revision session as a way of blurting everything i remember about that topic out.

past papers and then the questions that i dont understantd, instead of giving up on them i go through a yt vid that does a walkthrough on that same exam.

this might be one of the worst things you can do because its time wasting, but i find rewriting my notes again and again help it stick into my head as though im writing it in.

also i make notes of the text book and then i go and watch a video on that same topic and the extra notes ive found from the video i add on postick notes before sticking them in my notebook.

but yh theres so mujch more but these are some of the ones that I follow and be sure to check them out, they also motivate you to get a grip, like they do me, becuase you see everyone be productive so you want to be productive too.

Lots of love
Tatakae L<3

thank you for the mention!!

Lots of love
Tatakae L<3

tysm for giving me such a detailed answer i'll be checking out all of these! and thanks for complimenting my english but i really have no credit to take here, i've lived here since i was 5 ^^" i'd feel like a bit of a fraud for wanting to study english if i couldn't pass for a native speaker 😭
mostly i worry being bilingual has just made me worse at french.. (<- i have no problems in french im at the top of my class idfk what i'm complaining abt)

again thanks for all the recommendations, maybe they'll motivate me to get a move on 💀 (also we stan the aot ref)
Original post by study23!
Thanks for the tag @Tatakae L , just wanted to add, your lifesavers are blurting and past papers. That's because they are active recall, so you don't just memorise the info you actually test how much you know. Then when you're done look at mark schemes and notes and add in a green pen what you didn't get. Flashcards also help a lot of people. I'd suggest trying out a few methods (note taking, watching videos, posters etc.) to find out what type of learner you are.

Also to make things fun you can make quizzes on blooket where it's basically a game but how many questions you do right counts as points and money for the scenarios.

The tips mentioned are great already so I'd just focus on the areas you struggle with, especially since your timetable sounds horrible bless you! Try and do 30 mins every night of revision to try and make it manageable. If you have any more questions let me know x

@milktee @study23! thank you so much!! you've both been a massive help already i owe u my life :> (well, "my life," figure of speech. mostly.)
Reply 29
Original post by study23!

totally agree with you, my freind also makes quzisess and it makes revision funinstead of the same day in day out boring stuff.
Reply 30
tysm for giving me such a detailed answer i'll be checking out all of these! and thanks for complimenting my english but i really have no credit to take here, i've lived here since i was 5 ^^" i'd feel like a bit of a fraud for wanting to study english if i couldn't pass for a native speaker 😭
mostly i worry being bilingual has just made me worse at french.. (<- i have no problems in french im at the top of my class idfk what i'm complaining abt)

again thanks for all the recommendations, maybe they'll motivate me to get a move on 💀 (also we stan the aot ref)

the aot ref is life at this point, my way of coping is rewatching it as much as i can and thinking that the outcome will be different everytime. im on rewatch 7 now, fingers crossed it changes this time😭😭😭😭😭.

also np, anytime, we are all here for support in learnign cause i know it is difficult as hell. But alo=so u really are amazing in lanuages bc i was taking spanish for 9 years, 9 YEARS, and only managed to scrape a grade 5 at GCSE, so litteraly know how amazing you are.
Reply 31
Original post by milktee
thank you for the tag @Tatakae L 🤍
to actually enjoy revising most of the time once i set the mood, and for me, this is just listening to a nice lofi playlist (there's lots of these on youtube!) and writing a to-do list of things i want to complete by the end of my revision session/day. everyone revises differently, but i think being organised and having a tidy desk area really helps me focus and stay motivated to revise.
tips for revising in general that i do:

for science --> i first watch videos online to help understand the concepts, and take any necessary notes on the videos. sometimes i take notes on everything in the video, but i feel like it can be a waste of time sometimes. i then go on to do online flashcards, and i only ever make my own handwritten flashcards if it's a really important concept or 6-marker for example, otherwise online flashcards save a lot of time. after, practice questions are a must, since they help you understand specific exam-style questions and helps consolidate your knowledge really well. i don't do this often, but like what @Tatakae L and @study23! said, blurting is actually really helpful, and you can do this at the start of your revision session, or at the end, to see how much you've remembered and focus on areas which you're forgetting.

for english --> i'm not the best at english but revising for english mainly consists of doing lots of practice essays to help develop your essay structures. flashcards are really useful for remembering different quotes

for maths --> i first watch videos for maths and then do A LOT of practice questions, since the only way to get better at maths is to practice and practice

after writing this, i just realised there was no point giving subject specific advice since i don't know what a levels you take... i'm a gcse student so i sort of got used to giving gcse subject advice sorry 😭
but these revision tips, especially for science, can be applied to most other subjects either way. i mainly repeated what the previous posts said, but this is how i personally structure my revision and the order of it. hope this helps!! 🤍

no this is so gooddd, honest if i was this organised for gcses i woulda got way better, but me being me couldnt be arsed and then also had speical consideration cause uno things happed. but honest this is great advise. Np on the mention tho, i love ur one, even if i dont post on it lol.
Reply 32
Original post by emm4nuella
thank you for the mention!!

nps darlin xx
Reply 33
no this is so gooddd, honest if i was this organised for gcses i woulda got way better, but me being me couldnt be arsed and then also had speical consideration cause uno things happed. but honest this is great advise. Np on the mention tho, i love ur one, even if i dont post on it lol.

aww but don't worry you seem really organised now at a level so at least you know that you're gna ace your a levels now 💪 thank youu, i love watching your gyg asw, and dw about not posting 😭 the fact that you're a silent supporter makes me happy in itself <3
Reply 34
@milktee @study23! thank you so much!! you've both been a massive help already i owe u my life :> (well, "my life," figure of speech. mostly.)

of coursee, i'm glad to help!! haha yes we love figurative language 🤞
Reply 35
Original post by milktee
aww but don't worry you seem really organised now at a level so at least you know that you're gna ace your a levels now 💪 thank youu, i love watching your gyg asw, and dw about not posting 😭 the fact that you're a silent supporter makes me happy in itself <3

nah, i pretend to be organised for a levels, but cant lie my gyg is making me do something cause I feel the need to write i have done at least an hour on something cause Im trying to tell you all my story which is a academic comeback and I feel its working I cant lie. Ive done more work this week than I have all year 12 which is saying something considering Ive just had mocks. but fr, the silent supporter is what i do on most peoples gyg until I acc type which is rarely, I just like knowing how productive everyone was that day so I should be too.
Reply 36

nah, i pretend to be organised for a levels, but cant lie my gyg is making me do something cause I feel the need to write i have done at least an hour on something cause Im trying to tell you all my story which is a academic comeback and I feel its working I cant lie. Ive done more work this week than I have all year 12 which is saying something considering Ive just had mocks. but fr, the silent supporter is what i do on most peoples gyg until I acc type which is rarely, I just like knowing how productive everyone was that day so I should be too.

no literallyy though, like my gyg and other people's gygs are forcing me to be productive and motivated, so I'm acc really being held accountable for what I do
you should be proud of yourself for making the change into being productive 🤍💪
Reply 37
Original post by milktee
no literallyy though, like my gyg and other people's gygs are forcing me to be productive and motivated, so I'm acc really being held accountable for what I do
you should be proud of yourself for making the change into being productive 🤍💪

I am and you should too! Fr tho everyones GYG is like a wake up call, and I dont want to have a unproductive gyg so its forcing me to be productive.
Reply 38
Lets all predict our Alevel grades, and then come back for results day in 2025 to see what we got. Heres to being optimistic

chemistry- A
Biology-B
Psychology- A*

im so scared.

geography - B
media - C
EPQ - B

my expectations are low
Reply 39
Original post by cybermoth
geography - B
media - C
EPQ - B

my expectations are low

To be honest mine are too, especially after mocks, but I wont take any less than what I put as the ones I predict I am going to get because realistically which Uni is going to take me otherwise for medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest