The Student Room Group

English lit a level

How do i mark my own English lit a level essays cause my teacher said she will only mark assigned tests and assignments, not extra exam practice i do myself .

Is there any way i can write my own essays and mark them and give myself feedback
Original post by Jsjskscjosjejs
How do i mark my own English lit a level essays cause my teacher said she will only mark assigned tests and assignments, not extra exam practice i do myself .

Is there any way i can write my own essays and mark them and give myself feedback

Your English teacher no offence does not seem to care about how important a levels are and what the value of her feedback could be In order for you to get better. I am in year 13 and predicted A*s and without my English teacher doing one to one’s with me as I rewrote my essay again and again receiving feedback I wouldn’t be getting As like I am now. Marking your own English essays will not help you get better because English is a biased marking subject therefore is subject to more than one person marking it to avoid this therefore you marking it would defeat the whole purpose. I recommend you getting an English tutor who will actually put in the effort and care to read your work and mark it. Having a fresh new perspective on your work and receiving feedback from them will help you get better !
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by rrstar

Your English teacher no offence does not seem to care about how important a levels are and what the value of her feedback could be In order for you to get better. I am in year 13 and predicted A*s and without my English teacher doing one to one’s with me as I rewrote my essay again and again receiving feedback I wouldn’t be getting As like I am now. Marking your own English essays will not help you get better because English is a biased marking subject therefore is subject to more than one person marking it to avoid this therefore you marking it would defeat the whole purpose. I recommend you getting an English tutor who will actually put in the effort and care to read your work and mark it. Having a fresh new perspective on your work and receiving feedback from them will help you get better !

Your 100% correct she doesn’t give one toss about how her carelessness is effecting my future like idk what to do . And wow you are doing a great job predicted A* i am proudddd . The thing is a level tutors are so expensive and i genuinely do not have money for it im literally stuck and i need amazing grades to get into my chosen uni

You're welcome to post your work here to get some feedback on how to improve :smile:
Original post by Pwca

You're welcome to post your work here to get some feedback on how to improve :smile:

Awhh that’s so sweet and yes will do <3
Original post by username6587531

That’s great! If you don’t mind me asking, please can you share some revision tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending