The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
I like Leeds =]
plenty of shops and places to eat and go out etc
it is rather studenty though, especially if you go up to some parts of headingley.
Thats not always a bad thing though, because loads of places have cheap nights out etc.
Ooh theres also the christmas market there at the moment =]
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
yeah it looks like its quite a bustling place. is the uni very spread out across the city?
Reply 3
I know Leeds met is all over the place but as far as I'm aware the majority of Leeds Uni if not all of it is one place. I got lost walking through it once =p
Its like, ermm, plonked above the town centre for want of a better word.
You ahve the station at the bottom, then all the shops and club etc, then at the top there is a morrisons a couple of accommodations then just above them are both uni's =]
All up a hill from station upwards, not too bad though
Reply 4
ah thats good then! Am going to go and have a look! Anywhere youd particularly reccomend checking out?
Reply 5
definitely the christmas market if you are up in time. Its smaller this year coz they made it more cramped to fit in the dodgems lol.
I would have said corn ex but thats a food ahll now, although I haven't checked it out myself since it changed so that might be worth seeing.
ermm.. you could always take a treck around on the free bus to see where the hospital is, the bus station and the uni's.
Feel free to PM me if you need anymore details or anything
I'm in my final year of single honours English at Leeds. You might find this thread useful (especially the last few pages), if you want to know about the English side of things. As far as Theatre Studies goes, I don't know much about the course, but I know a couple of people who are doing it and love it. Plus, the Workshop Theatre building is lovely.

Regarding Leeds being 'faceless': it isn't. It's a great place to live as a student. You've got impressive clubs in the city centre and great shops, traditional pubs and restaurants in Headingley, and the university campus has bars, shops, and cafes. Plus, the high number of students in the Leeds just means that, as a city, it caters for people like you and me, with great student discounts and so on.

Latest