The Student Room Group

Accepted into UCLan Vet school for 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Vetmum13
My daughter is at UCLan and loves it. They have just done their 1st clinical placements - the other vet schools don’t do clinical placements until year 3. But for balance I have a friend whose daughter is loving HK! Both great vet schools- no wrong choice there!

Thanks for the input! It's really appreciated, and congrats to your daughter!
Reply 41
Original post by poppybos
oh wow this is the same two as me they’re both great aren’t they!!

I knowww, I am leaning towards uclan at the minute though!
Original post by ArjunR
Thanks for the input! It's really appreciated, and congrats to your daughter!
Thank you! That’s ok. One more thing UCLan paid for all the vet kit! Saves a few hundred £!
Original post by ArjunR
I knowww, I am leaning towards uclan at the minute though!
ahh do let me know what you end up deciding !! my issue is that hk is higher grades so will probably end up insuring that and i did love it there (not that i didn’t love uclan but still)
Original post by Morg9362
Hiya , I wondered if there was a Preston offer holder day. Thank you :smile:
Hi @Morg9362,

Yes, our Offer Holder Days take place between February - May 2024. If you have an offer from us then you should receive your offer holder day invitation soon. This will arrive by email and/or post with details about how to book your place. If you have any questions about our offer holder days I'd be more than happy to help.

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by ArjunR
I received an offer a few weeks ago, I'm deciding between UCLan and H&K. I'm a gap year student so I don't need an insurance. It's a tough choice!
Hi @ArjunR,

How are you? It's great to see that you have received a few offers to study Veterinary Medicine, you must be so pleased. Choosing a university is a really exciting time, it's important to pick the right university for you and somewhere you can see yourself being for the next few years of your life. Have you managed to attend any open days or campus tours yet as these are a really useful way to get a feel for what student life will be like for you.

Whatever you decide I wish you all the best and let me know if you have any question, 😊
Sarah
Original post by poppybos
ahh do let me know what you end up deciding !! my issue is that hk is higher grades so will probably end up insuring that and i did love it there (not that i didn’t love uclan but still)
Hey @poppybos,

It's great to see you have an offer to study Veterinary Medicine here at UCLan! If you have any questions about the course or life here as a student I'd be more than happy to help. 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by shayfax
Hey I just got an offer for UClan and will be accepting! I did vet nursing prior to applying, my interview was on the 15th Feb :smile:
Hi @shayfax,

We love to hear this! Congratulations on your offer and we hope to welcome you onto campus later this year! 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
Hi everyone, I interviewed on 21st Feb and I received an offer on Monday and definitely am accepting!! I was just wondering if there were any group chats you were all in before we start?

Congrats to everyone 🥰
There is a link to the group chat further up (a few posts ago/page 2)
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 50
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @ArjunR,
How are you? It's great to see that you have received a few offers to study Veterinary Medicine, you must be so pleased. Choosing a university is a really exciting time, it's important to pick the right university for you and somewhere you can see yourself being for the next few years of your life. Have you managed to attend any open days or campus tours yet as these are a really useful way to get a feel for what student life will be like for you.
Whatever you decide I wish you all the best and let me know if you have any question, 😊
Sarah

Hey Sarah, thank you for your input. I'm leaning towards UCLan over HKVS, however I'm also awaiting a response from RVC for the gateway course. I am debating between UCLan 5 year vet med and RVC 6 year now which is also a tough choice. If I were to attend an open day at UCLan, will they have a designated section for veterinary medicine? What I learned during my interview and campus tour was quite convincing, however discussing with a current student on the course I am doing might help in giving me more closure. Thank you!
Original post by ArjunR
Hey Sarah, thank you for your input. I'm leaning towards UCLan over HKVS, however I'm also awaiting a response from RVC for the gateway course. I am debating between UCLan 5 year vet med and RVC 6 year now which is also a tough choice. If I were to attend an open day at UCLan, will they have a designated section for veterinary medicine? What I learned during my interview and campus tour was quite convincing, however discussing with a current student on the course I am doing might help in giving me more closure. Thank you!
I’ve sent you a pm
Does anyone know if UCLan offer ipads/laptops for studying like some other unis do?
Original post by olivialexie
Does anyone know if UCLan offer ipads/laptops for studying like some other unis do?

literally just called them up to ask this- she said like last year they will be ordering ipads for this years cohort- hope this helps x
Original post by eviet123
literally just called them up to ask this- she said like last year they will be ordering ipads for this years cohort- hope this helps x
The vet kit was all free too - saves £100s 😊
Original post by eviet123

I had no idea they did this! Did they give it to everyone who got a place?
Original post by rhiannonslater03

Yeah i think so! I know it’s so good!
Original post by rhiannonslater03
The IPads are on loan for the 5 years- they are brand new but you do get charged if it is damaged when you return it at the end of the 5 years. Vet kit they provided scrub top, parlour top, coveralls, lab coat, waterproof trousers and coat and wellies all free of charge. Then they were all given stethoscopes before their 1st clinical placements in February.
Hi all I'm definitely accepting my Uclan offer now over a long debate, looking forward to seeing all of you! Wondering if there's a gc or anything like that?
Original post by EdH123456
Hi all I'm definitely accepting my Uclan offer now over a long debate, looking forward to seeing all of you! Wondering if there's a gc or anything like that?

ah that’s amazing! yep there’s a whatsapp chat j think the link is a bit further up x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending