The Student Room Group

How to get reference from my college for security pass at my new job?

So I have just got a job at an airport, I already work at said airport as a bartender. I will be transferring to be a ramp agent (my degree plus a few years experience in the related field should hopefully be enough to set myself up with a nice career in the aviation industry). For the new job I will need to apply for a new airside security pass (this is normal) as part of the vetting process they require a 5 year education and/or employment history with any gaps over 28 days being accounted for. The issue is the last time I tried to get a reference from my college, I simply asked my lecturer and she gave me a reference, confirming that I was studying there when contacted by the company etc etc. However, this time she is not answering my emails so I am assuming she no longer works there. I have no idea what department to refer to when it comes to situations like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by David370
So I have just got a job at an airport, I already work at said airport as a bartender. I will be transferring to be a ramp agent (my degree plus a few years experience in the related field should hopefully be enough to set myself up with a nice career in the aviation industry). For the new job I will need to apply for a new airside security pass (this is normal) as part of the vetting process they require a 5 year education and/or employment history with any gaps over 28 days being accounted for. The issue is the last time I tried to get a reference from my college, I simply asked my lecturer and she gave me a reference, confirming that I was studying there when contacted by the company etc etc. However, this time she is not answering my emails so I am assuming she no longer works there. I have no idea what department to refer to when it comes to situations like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Student services. If you look on the website it might be listed. If not phone and speak to reception and ask them to put you through to someone.
Original post by David370

Are there any other tutors there who taught you? If so could you contact them to give you a reference?
If not, try student services to see if they can help. Or at least point you in the direction of someone who can if they cant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending