The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham law offers

Hi there, I would like to know if anyone has heard back from Durham for Law already?? I applied to 5 unis for Law at early December, now all the other 4 unis have replied, even UCL, except Durham. Since my LNAT was pretty bad, does that mean my chances of getting an offer at Durham are kinda low? Considering how they still haven’t replied after a month and the fact that my LNAT performance was not satisfactory… I’m just really worried and I’m dying to hear back from Durham.

Thank you to everyone in advance!!!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there, I would like to know if anyone has heard back from Durham for Law already?? I applied to 5 unis for Law at early December, now all the other 4 unis have replied, even UCL, except Durham. Since my LNAT was pretty bad, does that mean my chances of getting an offer at Durham are kinda low? Considering how they still haven’t replied after a month and the fact that my LNAT performance was not satisfactory… I’m just really worried and I’m dying to hear back from Durham.

Hiya

I wouldn't worry too much as many offers don't come out until March/April. I did quite poorly on my LNAT but still got an offer from Durham. Remember that the score only reflects your MCQ performance and not the essay, so it's likely that you get a good overall evaluation and hence receive an offer :smile:

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Durham Students

Hiya

I wouldn't worry too much as many offers don't come out until March/April. I did quite poorly on my LNAT but still got an offer from Durham. Remember that the score only reflects your MCQ performance and not the essay, so it's likely that you get a good overall evaluation and hence receive an offer :smile:

-Himieka

Awww thank you so much for clarifying! I actually performed quite poorly on the essay (didn’t have enough time to write up to 500 words, ugh!) so I’m really hoping my MCQ would save the whole thing but I’ve also heard people say that Durham weighs the essay pretty heavily too. Either way, fingers crossed that I get an offer😭
Awww thank you so much for clarifying! I actually performed quite poorly on the essay (didn’t have enough time to write up to 500 words, ugh!) so I’m really hoping my MCQ would save the whole thing but I’ve also heard people say that Durham weighs the essay pretty heavily too. Either way, fingers crossed that I get an offer😭

Durham won't tell you how much they scored your essay so you never know. We tend to be more critical of ourselves and in reality, your essay might've gone better than you think so I wouldn't lose hope! Good luck :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
You got an UCL offer your LNAT can’t be bad lol
Reply 5

I received my Durham law offer literally only a few hours ago and I applied end of September! So don’t be too worried it’s only been 2 months, it’s just a waiting game. Good luck! ❤️
Reply 6
Original post by aloexo
You got an UCL offer your LNAT can’t be bad lol

No I didn’t!! UCL replied to my application in late January but it was a rejection. According to UCL they rejected me because of my LNAT performance, which is why I was so worried about it as I know Durham also looks at the LNAT pretty seriously.
Reply 7
Original post by annabelb06

I received my Durham law offer literally only a few hours ago and I applied end of September! So don’t be too worried it’s only been 2 months, it’s just a waiting game. Good luck! ❤️

OMG Congratulations on your offer!!! Well done!! Do you mind if I ask what’s your stats? I was very surprised to hear that you applied at the end of September and only received an offer today! I thought Durham said they’ll reply to your application within 6-8 weeks?!
Reply 8

Durham won't tell you how much they scored your essay so you never know. We tend to be more critical of ourselves and in reality, your essay might've gone better than you think so I wouldn't lose hope! Good luck :smile:

-Himieka

Thank you so much!!
May I know if Durham law will take part in clearing? Or when exactly will I know if Durham will go into clearing this year? (I know law courses are very competitive so I’m just preparing for the worst in case I didn’t get an offer!) Thank you very much once again!!
Thank you so much!!
May I know if Durham law will take part in clearing? Or when exactly will I know if Durham will go into clearing this year? (I know law courses are very competitive so I’m just preparing for the worst in case I didn’t get an offer!) Thank you very much once again!!

most likely won't. Durham didn't last year, but I know that UCL did(!), probably because they rejected so many people, and so many people missed their grades because of the higher grade boundaries.

-Himieka

Hi Himieka,

I want to let you know that I just got a law offer from Durham and I’m so excited about it!! Durham has asked me to rank my college preference but I’m having a few questions about it so I was just wondering if you would be happy to answer them :frown:

I really wanted an en-suite room and I know Josephine Butler is 100% en-suite, however I’m also quite draw to Hatfield/ St.Chad’s, would you recommend going for these two? How likely are undergraduates going to get an en-suite at these two colleges?

Thank you so much!!! <3

-Himieka

Hi Himieka,

I just want to let you know that I just got a law offer from Durham and I’m so excited about it!! Durham is now asking me to rank my college preferences but I have a few questions in mind about this, so I was just wondering if you would be happy to answer them! :smile:

I’m looking for a college that’s close to Law school and I really wanted an en-suite room. I know that Josephine Butler is 100% en-suite, however I’m also very into joining Hatfield/ St.Chad’s, so I would just like to know, how likely are undergraduates going to get an en-suite in these two colleges? Or would you recommend any other colleges? Thank you so much! <3

Latest