The Student Room Group

Oxford BBSRC DTP 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by biochem08
Oh no! I had my fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you'll have lots of luck with your future plans! Are you an international or home student?
Thanks for holding out hope for me :smile:. I was a home applicant. Fingers crossed for you too unless you already know?
Original post by Anonymous #8
Thanks for holding out hope for me :smile:. I was a home applicant. Fingers crossed for you too unless you already know?

I’m still waiting to hear back, and thank you! I’m also a home student :smile:
I'm a home student and was just put on a waitlist this morning
Has anyone else not heard anything back at all?
Hi guys. I am planning on applying for the DTP in 2026.
I am not sure if DTP includes immunological projects as well.
Generally, as someone who wants to apply to immunology DPhil/PhD programs from Oxford, what are the available tracks? I hear there is an RDM DPhill in Medsciences in addition to the BBSRC Bioscience DTP.
I am international from Asia with a first-deg in medicine (MD.), IELTS 8.5, and quite a few publications.

I welcome advice from anyone with experience on applying to Oxford!
Peace!
Original post by Ilovebeats
Hi guys. I am planning on applying for the DTP in 2026.
I am not sure if DTP includes immunological projects as well.
Generally, as someone who wants to apply to immunology DPhil/PhD programs from Oxford, what are the available tracks? I hear there is an RDM DPhill in Medsciences in addition to the BBSRC Bioscience DTP.
I am international from Asia with a first-deg in medicine (MD.), IELTS 8.5, and quite a few publications.
I welcome advice from anyone with experience on applying to Oxford!
Peace!

This is what the BBSRC says about what falls under their remit for projects involving humans:

"humans including human physiology, cell biology, genetics and genomics if it’s relevant to understanding normal human function (but not if it’s focused on specific human diseases or abnormal conditions)"
Original post by PoeMilton
This is what the BBSRC says about what falls under their remit for projects involving humans:
"humans including human physiology, cell biology, genetics and genomics if it’s relevant to understanding normal human function (but not if it’s focused on specific human diseases or abnormal conditions)"

Yeah I already went through the official page.
It seems it does cover molecular biology stuff, including genetics/immunology but only if it is not focused on a disease or abnormal condition (and studies physiology of cells or mechanistic stuff).

I wonder what my chances of receiving an offer would be if I apply?
I have 30 publications mostly first authored and focused on neuroimmunology. Journals are mostly Q1/Q2 in the field.
I have an MD/MSc degree (medical doctor plus master's in e learning) with equivalent first class degree (international qualifications) + IELTS 8.5 band score

Should I do an MPhill msc mres? Or I could go for the DTP? The UK system is a bit confusing to me. Would you recommend applying for a Dphill in medical sciences or go the dtp route?
If anyone is still watching this thread who applied, what questions did you get asked in the interview?
Original post by Anonymous #7
Did anyone here apply for a specific project with the March 1 deadline? Have you been given an interview yet?

I did. I still haven't received any further notification for an interview.
Original post by Felynalanine
If anyone is still watching this thread who applied, what questions did you get asked in the interview?

Me is still watchin!
Also please have a look at my post above yours.
Let me know what you think if you have any information
Hi, does anyone in the waitlist receive an update?
hey guys, has anyone who submitted application to main DTP program by the March deadline received interview invitation? or have any updates about the application status?
Original post by LILLIAN999
hey guys, has anyone who submitted application to main DTP program by the March deadline received interview invitation? or have any updates about the application status?
Nope, I'm still waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending