The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC/ IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Still thinking about where to apply? Have a look at the following thread regarding A level entry requirements for architecture:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unis: Cambridge, UCL, Bath, AA, Manchester

A levels: Physics, Maths, Art, French (A*A*A*A*)

Extra curriculars: Work experience( designing an extension pavilion ), Arkwright Engineering Scholarship, Moocs, Books.

I am probably gonna apply to the Design Tripos
Reply 2
Universities: UCL, Cambridge, Manchester, Sheffield, AA
Alevels: Physics, Art, Math, Further math
Predictions: A*A*A*A
Extra curriculars: UCL summer school, reading list
Original post by ayuyfiywcb
Universities: UCL, Cambridge, Manchester, Sheffield, AA
Alevels: Physics, Art, Math, Further math
Predictions: A*A*A*A
Extra curriculars: UCL summer school, reading list

Welcome to TSR and the architecture thread. :smile:
Original post by normaw
If you're applying to uni for Architecture for autumn 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

Extra curriculars

Still thinking about where to apply? Have a look at the following thread regarding A level entry requirements for architecture:

@CamembertPaws FYI

Unis: UCL, Cambridge, Manchester, UAL, Cardiff
A levels: Maths, Biology, Art ( A*A*A*)
Extra curriculars: Worked in interior design company, working in arch firm this winter, charity cycled abroad, head of charities comittee, volunteered, Moocs.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
Has anyone finalized the 6 page portfolios for Cambridge yet? I am not sure what the format should be, e.g. should each page be on one project only and have annotations or is it just plain images pasted onto an a4 sheet?
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars

@CamembertPaws FYI

Universities: Cambridge, Cardiff, Bath, Edinburgh, Sheffield

A Levels: Maths, Graphic Communication (graphic design), Physics (A*A*A)
AS: Further Maths (achieved an A in 2023)
Extra curriculars: Further reading

I applied two days and already received an offer from Cardiff which im so excited about. I wish everyone the best of luck with their A Levels and uni offers xx
Original post by mariagriffiths

I applied two days and already received an offer from Cardiff which im so excited about. I wish everyone the best of luck with their A Levels and uni offers xx

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on receiving an offer :biggrin:
Reply 8

congratulations on the offer, that’s awesome!!
Original post by jjjjjjosep
congratulations on the offer, that’s awesome!!

Welcome to the architecture thread. Which unis are you applying to?
Reply 10
I have submitted an application for UCL and received an portfolio requirement due by the end of October which is quite unexpected. I thought it should be due by December or next Jan or Feb.
Original post by Kevinpan
I have submitted an application for UCL and received an portfolio requirement due by the end of October which is quite unexpected. I thought it should be due by December or next Jan or Feb.

Welcome to TSR :smile:.

When my son applied for architecture a few years ago, unis gave him around three weeks to a month to submit his portfolio. UCL's request is quite normal.
Reply 12
Original post by Kevinpan

Hi, I also received the request for portfolio. I believe it is on the 30th of October.
Does anyone know when the Cambridge portfolio deadline is??
Reply 14
Does anyone know when the Cambridge portfolio deadline is??

I think it differs from each other. My deadline is the beginning of November.
Reply 15
Does anyone know what the page count for the UCL portfolio? Also, Does it have to follow a specific aspect ratio?
I’m predicted AAA (3D Design, Politics, Psychology) with A* in EPQ and A in Core Maths. Currently planning to apply to UWE, UCL, UAL, Edinburgh and MSA.

I’ve always thought creatively, but I don’t feel I have a wide range of techniques to demonstrate in my portfolio, and I want to be prepared. I have a lot of architectural work to showcase, but I don’t want to include too much of this. Bashing out a beautiful painting isn’t an option, and I am a bit worried about being overlooked because of a slightly boring portfolio.

Any tips on what sort of things I could work on before applying to boost my outlook?

Thank you
Reply 17
Original post by jjjjjjosep
I’m predicted AAA (3D Design, Politics, Psychology) with A* in EPQ and A in Core Maths. Currently planning to apply to UWE, UCL, UAL, Edinburgh and MSA.

I’ve always thought creatively, but I don’t feel I have a wide range of techniques to demonstrate in my portfolio, and I want to be prepared. I have a lot of architectural work to showcase, but I don’t want to include too much of this. Bashing out a beautiful painting isn’t an option, and I am a bit worried about being overlooked because of a slightly boring portfolio.

Any tips on what sort of things I could work on before applying to boost my outlook?

Thank you

omg I just submitted the UCL portfolio!
Original post by kjhgbhn
omg I just submitted the UCL portfolio!

i’ve sent you a message 🕺🕺
Reply 19
Original post by normaw

Extra curriculars

@CamembertPaws FYI

Hi! 👀
Unis: Cambridge, UCL, UAL and still deciding on the other two (perhaps between Sheffield, Nottingham and UCA)

A levels (predicted) : Art, Maths, Economics (A*A*A)

Extracurricular: work experience for Town Planning, Mark Evison Project, UAL insight programme, reading list...

For Cambridge, I applied for the design course at the Lucy Cavendish College and submitted the portfolio on the 2nd of November.

For UCL, I applied for the Engineering and architectural design course and received an interview for the 17th of November.

For UAL, I have a deadline for the portfolio to be submitted by the 12th of November.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending