The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial CS Interview on the 28th Feb

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vnayak
How would you rate your personal statement out of 10? also, is 7 worst case or best case or in the middle? I'm just trying to get an idea of what your chances are because unlike Oxbridge, they consider the admissions test and the personal statement equally per-interview.

After interview, Imperial is personal statement and the interview performance.

After interview, Oxbridge is all 3.

I did the test in October and I think worst-case, I scored 8/10.
Also, I keep hearing people saying that if u get 7+/10, ur interview chances are good and that 7/10 and 10/10 in the admissions test has abt fair equal chances for interview, but where is the source from tho cos 7/10, 30% chance of interview whereas 10/10 50% chance of interview (idk if its just for CS or both CS and JMC), but what sources do people get these ideas from. 30% dont equal 50%. In terms of my ps, it seemed pretty strong icl, maybe couldve been better in terms of flow and structure, but thats just it ig.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by vnayak
How would you rate your personal statement out of 10? also, is 7 worst case or best case or in the middle? I'm just trying to get an idea of what your chances are because unlike Oxbridge, they consider the admissions test and the personal statement equally per-interview.

After interview, Imperial is personal statement and the interview performance.

After interview, Oxbridge is all 3.

I did the test in October and I think worst-case, I scored 8/10.
This is prolly irrelevant in this thread, but I may as well just ask cos why not, did u apply to oxbridge, and if so which college did u apply to, whats ur tmua score and did u get pooled after interview or no
Reply 22
He got rejected pre interview applied to Cauis I think cause of an admin error in the TMUA
Reply 23
Original post by SnowyPanda
This is prolly irrelevant in this thread, but I may as well just ask cos why not, did u apply to oxbridge, and if so which college did u apply to, whats ur tmua score and did u get pooled after interview or no
What OP said above ^
Original post by Anonymous #1
He got rejected pre interview applied to Cauis I think cause of an admin error in the TMUA
Isnt that their fault tho(the admissions team). not his
Reply 25
Isnt that their fault tho(the admissions team). not his
No it's mine. I looked at the wrong end timing which meant I didn't get all of my answers down on my answer sheet even though I finished the first paper in its entirety in the question paper. I was scoring 7.5 in practice on average with 8.3 being my highest so well within interview/offer territory.
wow, thats unfortunate
Reply 27
r u international then? What did u think u got correct in the admissions test out of 10?
I am not international no, from York. As for the test I'm not sure I have like a memory blank for it. I'd guess like 8 but could vary because I did of eliminated one or two possibilities and guess from the rest by looking at numbers I expected to appear, in the answer
Original post by Will45663
I am not international no, from York. As for the test I'm not sure I have like a memory blank for it. I'd guess like 8 but could vary because I did of eliminated one or two possibilities and guess from the rest by looking at numbers I expected to appear, in the answer
wow ok, I checked and york is literally a 4 hour journey to imperial so an in person interview would still be possible and manageable tbf but anyways ur still in UK, and ur interview is on the 1st march, but anyways. Looks like hope is kinda still around but yh
Reply 29
wow ok, I checked and york is literally a 4 hour journey to imperial so an in person interview would still be possible and manageable tbf but anyways ur still in UK, and ur interview is on the 1st march, but anyways. Looks like hope is kinda still around but yh
Yeah I went to London from Leeds. @Will45663 I recommend taking the train. Sitting in the car for 4 hours is not recommended. I took the car on the Open Day and it wasn't a great journey whereas on the train, it's easier to relax and you have more space.
Reply 30
Original post by vnayak
Yeah I went to London from Leeds. @Will45663 I recommend taking the train. Sitting in the car for 4 hours is not recommended. I took the car on the Open Day and it wasn't a great journey whereas on the train, it's easier to relax and you have more space.
Appreciate the advice but it's online, aerospace doesn't do in person interviews. If anyone has info on questions that get asked I would be super grateful
Reply 31
Appreciate the advice but it's online, aerospace doesn't do in person interviews. If anyone has info on questions that get asked I would be super grateful
1) Good luck!

2) People shouldn't disclose questions as they often use the same questions (or similar) so it will constitute as an advantage.

3) I thought you were applying for CS, mb
Original post by vnayak
1) Good luck!

2) People shouldn't disclose questions as they often use the same questions (or similar) so it will constitute as an advantage.

3) I thought you were applying for CS, mb

So now things come back to that no one actually received invitation for CS for 28Feb or later?
Reply 33
Original post by SparklingOmelett
So now things come back to that no one actually received invitation for CS for 28Feb or later?
The last CS date is 28th Feb. I have the screenshot of dates my friend sent me after he asked Imperial.

interviewdates.jpg
Reply 34
Original post by SparklingOmelett
Just me on 1st march but it seems that might be because I'm for aero and I don't think anyone else here is
yh, basically no one has got an interview invite for 28th feb then, thats understandable ig
Reply 36
yh, basically no one has got an interview invite for 28th feb then, thats understandable ig
What does it mean? Is it better to be on that day?
I had my interview yesterday. I think you need to wait a little cuz they told me like 2 days before for my time.
Reply 38
What does it mean? Is it better to be on that day?
There is no difference. I'm not too sure what SnowyPanda is talking about here but I don't think it is in reference to your interview date being on 1st March.

CS started interviews earlier than all of the other departments so rightly so, they finish interviewing before all of the other departments.
Reply 39
Original post by AP20061327
I had my interview yesterday. I think you need to wait a little cuz they told me like 2 days before for my time.
How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending