The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial CS Interview on the 28th Feb

Scroll to see replies

caught me off guard with my first question cuz it was about my epq but I had a bit of knowledge. second part is a diagram and u think about what is going on and then u proceed with a calculation so have ur calculator and sumn to write on.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Original post by AP20061327
caught me off guard with my first question cuz it was about my epq but I had a bit of knowledge. second part is a diagram and u think about what is going on and then u proceed with a calculation so have ur calculator and sumn to write on.
I would be worried if you didn't know much about your EPQ. Hasn't your EPQ deadline passed yet? Our school set us a deadline for Jan 26th. People got extensions but it means that their supervisor is going to dock marks off them for the delay. I handed mine in on the day and I didn't invest too much into it (I did like 3 or 4 drafts?) but I don't actually need it for any of my offers. Durham CS doesn't reduce on EPQ and Imperial, Edinburgh and Manchester don't mention it in their offer conditions.

I don't think you are allowed to bring anything with you. I didn't bring anything with me and I was fine.
I submitted my epq last year July that's why I didn't know much. our final deadline was in July.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 43
Original post by AP20061327
I submitted my epq last year July that's why I didn't know much. our final deadline was in July.
Ah ok...wish my school started earlier. Y13 would have been so much more chill.
Reply 44
Got a reply that all invites will be sent by 29th Feb
Reply 45
I emailed the admissions team
Attachment not found
Original post by Anonymous #1
I emailed the admissions team
Attachment not found
can you reupload? the attachment isn't loading
Reply 47
Attachment not found
What exactly does the attachment say
Reply 49
Thank you for your email.We are expecting to send out all our interview invitations by early next week. If you have not heard from us by 29th Februarywith an invitation to interview you should assume your application is no longer under consideration.Please note all decisions will be uploaded on UCAS Track by 31st March and we are processing a large volume of applications.
Ig 28th/29th feb, they would prolly send interview invites to international applicants only
maybe.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Will45663
Hi, sorry I've not been able to reply to your PM my account is too new to private massage. I'm predicted 2 a stars and an A in maths physics and bio, and the email said basically well done based of your performance so far we want you for interview
but this is for Aero right?
Reply 52
Any invites
Any invites
They wouldn’t send invites on a weekend right? When did u do admissions test and how many do u think u got correct? Also, they said they have till 29th february(next thurs) to send interview invits
Reply 54
Original post by SnowyPanda
They wouldn’t send invites on a weekend right? When did u do admissions test and how many do u think u got correct? Also, they said they have till 29th february(next thurs) to send interview invits
They can potentially. I got my offer on a Monday but on the official applicant thread, there were many people coming out with offers on a Saturday (but mostly for different courses).
Reply 55
Predicted 5A* but idk about the test I think worst case is 6
Reply 56
Sorry thought you asked for stats too, did the test 13th oct
Reply 57
What are your 5 A levels? Trying to piece together your chances. Do they all link to the course as per the recommended and preferred subjects lists on the Imperial website?

Have you received any other offers from other reputable universities for CS?

6 is a tough point because you will have to have an EXCEPTIONAL application and I mean EXCEPTIONAL, looking through past FOI data. People who get 7 or 8 and above have a decent chance of securing an interview (~60%) but as shown by the figure, it's not really a guarantee. I mean, you know chance of interview isn't guaranteed when you see in the data that there are people getting full marks on the admissions test and still not securing an interview afterwards.
Reply 58
Sorry thought you asked for stats too, did the test 13th oct
You did your test the day after me! Are you an international student?
Original post by vnayak
What are your 5 A levels? Trying to piece together your chances. Do they all link to the course as per the recommended and preferred subjects lists on the Imperial website?

Have you received any other offers from other reputable universities for CS?

6 is a tough point because you will have to have an EXCEPTIONAL application and I mean EXCEPTIONAL, looking through past FOI data. People who get 7 or 8 and above have a decent chance of securing an interview (~60%) but as shown by the figure, it's not really a guarantee. I mean, you know chance of interview isn't guaranteed when you see in the data that there are people getting full marks on the admissions test and still not securing an interview afterwards.
Where does it say that getting a 7/10 is a 60% chance of getting an interview. What abt 6/10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending