The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial CS Interview on the 28th Feb

Scroll to see replies

But still, what’s the big difference between 6/10 and 7/10 if 7/10 gives an approximate 60% chance of interview. Btw, I thought according to 2021/22, 7/10, is 32% chance of interview and 6/10 is probs 20% chance of interview, but where did 60% come from for 7/10. Plus I heard people saying that they thought they got 6 to 7/10 for some and still got interviews( not contextual tho). Possibly 6 but not sure
(edited 2 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by SnowyPanda
But still, what’s the big difference between 6/10 and 7/10 if 7/10 gives an approximate 60% chance of interview. Btw, I thought according to 2021/22, 7/10, is 32% chance of interview and 6/10 is probs 20% chance of interview, but where did 60% come from for 7/10. Plus I heard people saying that they thought they got 6 to 7/10 for some and still got interviews( not contextual tho). Possibly 6 but not sure
What they think and what they actually got are two different things. The test is multiple choice remember so they may have accidentally selected the correct option. Also, the other part of your application is not to be taken lightly. Your personal statement is given equal importance and precedence when it comes to deciding who to select for interview.

The 60% was a typo - mb.
I’m also in the same boat as you. 4A* prediction (Maths, FM, Physics, Chem), 12 A*s at GCSE, exceptional reference and the best PS the CS teacher has ever seen (bear in mind this is a top 10 school nationally), according to him. 100% guarantee that I’ve got 10/10 on the test. I really don’t know why I haven’t been invited to interview yet - I did apply on 30th Jan though and sat the test on 9th Feb - a bit late, I know, but surely they should have got back to me by now?
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous #4
I’m also in the same boat as you. 4A* prediction (Maths, FM, Physics, Chem), 12 A*s at GCSE, exceptional reference and the best PS the CS teacher has ever seen (bear in mind this is a top 10 school nationally), according to him. 100% guarantee that I’ve got 10/10 on the test. I really don’t know why I haven’t been invited to interview yet - I did apply on 30th Jan though and sat the test on 9th Feb - a bit late, I know, but surely they should have got back to me by now?
How do you know it's 100%?

Also, you did apply a bit late. Given how impressive you've made your application sound, you shouldn't have too many problems getting an interview but you really don't have that much time left to receive an interview. I believe that Imperial is looking to send UCAS updates to ALL applicants by the 31st of March but CS will end their interview process at the end of this month/first week of March.

Also, can I ask, if you have such an impressive personal statement, what deterred you from applying to Oxbridge?
I know it only 2 days away, 28th, but did anyone else get an invite? I didn't so i doubt I got any chance now.
Wow, that’s like in the top 1% of all imperial cs applicants, no wonder why u didn’t get an interview invite yet, u definitely should(ig ur a home applicant tbh). Ig imperial can be random sometimes as people getting interviews say they thought of getting 7 ish /10 or maybe 6 and maybe rest of the application not too strong. Don’t worry abt it tho tbh, I’m in the same boat as u with nothing. Sometimes if they can’t decide, they pick names out of the hat( I could be wrong on that). People with 10/10 don’t receive interviews.
Does anyone know if home applicants are getting online interviews or not or is it only intl applicants getting online interviews and if home applicants get interviews online, is there still 80-90% offer chance or lower, as online interviews compared to physical interviews is less interactive and less experience too. I still haven’t got mine and I really need to know as I’m home applicant where there’s online interviews available for us(home) or is it only intl applicants getting interview invites now so finished sending invites to home applicants so already rejection for home applicans
I'm in the same boat as you kind of, similar stats as you but I also applied late and took the admission test end of Jan. I hope there's room for us in the interviews as it seems like people who applied in October/November are also filling up Jan and Feb interview slots and I was wondering if they just need more time with our applications. Especially as I see very few people who applied after January actually got interviews in February (I only saw one in forums), so yeah lets hope for the best.
Original post by Anonymous #6
I'm in the same boat as you kind of, similar stats as you but I also applied late and took the admission test end of Jan. I hope there's room for us in the interviews as it seems like people who applied in October/November are also filling up Jan and Feb interview slots and I was wondering if they just need more time with our applications. Especially as I see very few people who applied after January actually got interviews in February (I only saw one in forums), so yeah lets hope for the best.
I applied on 10/11 and did my test on 27/11 so hopefully it’s the case then
Any invites?
Reply 70
They've handed out interviews to people who applied in Jan and Feb (because my own friends who applied have had their interviews) but are now starting to sift through applications which they've deemed not quite good enough to hand interviews to straight off the bat. The people you are talking about who applied in Oct and Nov are in a similar position to you.

Also, you gotta understand that while there aren't many forums that currently exist, there will still be loads of people who have had interviews that aren't on TSR.

For instance, I don't think I've seen a single person who had their interview on the same day as me (29th of November) but there were ~75 people applying for JMC and CS on the day of my interview at the main talk on the day itself.
Original post by vnayak
They've handed out interviews to people who applied in Jan and Feb (because my own friends who applied have had their interviews) but are now starting to sift through applications which they've deemed not quite good enough to hand interviews to straight off the bat. The people you are talking about who applied in Oct and Nov are in a similar position to you.

Also, you gotta understand that while there aren't many forums that currently exist, there will still be loads of people who have had interviews that aren't on TSR.

For instance, I don't think I've seen a single person who had their interview on the same day as me (29th of November) but there were ~75 people applying for JMC and CS on the day of my interview at the main talk on the day itself.
Your friends who took the admissions test in late January and early February already got interviews?
Reply 72
Your friends who took the admissions test in late January and early February already got interviews?
My friends applied on the 7th of Jan to the 9th of Jan(inclusive). They sat the admissions test some time after that and then secured interviews for the first week of Feb.
Original post by vnayak

Did u say 75 people for both jmc or straight cs, or 75 people individually for cs and 75 for jmc
Reply 74
Original post by SnowyPanda
Did u say 75 people for both jmc or straight cs, or 75 people individually for cs and 75 for jmc
75 people for both. It was in the same lecture theatre that the main Open Day talk was in and it was a general talk given to both JMC and CS applicants about why Imperial, showing people how and why it is on the same level and standard as Oxbridge.
FAQ: Since we don’t have interview invitations now, r we basically screwed, or r there online interviews for us home applicants like still a chance of an invite in the next 2 days for the match ones. Mainly talking abt home applicants like me, and with online interviews does 80-90% offer chance still stand.
Reply 76
I think we should move on now
What about international?
Reply 78
Original post by Anonymous #7
What about international?
I think they've kept it going for internationals but I may be wrong. I think this is because international interviews are online (on the whole - there were two European girls in my interview group in November) so it takes longer to get through.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I think we should move on now
Did u get anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending